Notices

Not cofused anymore

Old 03-08-2010, 02:10 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Not cofused anymore

After reading many many books on diet and nutrition, I was becoming totally confused as to what the answer was to weight loss success and what was healthy eating.
So I have finally come to the simplified answer I have been searching for.
1. I am eating 1600 calories per day.
2. I am not eating any sugar [of any form], no white flour, no deep fried foods, and no hydrogenated fats.
3. I am exercising at least 40 minutes three times a week.[Whatever I feel like doing on any given day, walking, weighs, yoga class, etc.]
4. I am taking a mega vitamin, calcium, omega 3, and joint formula, for supplements. [I have in the past taken so many supplements, I was spending so much money on these and they were grossing me out to swallow so many pills]

I currently weigh 180 and am 5'5". So we will see how this goes.
I am thinking of this as a lifestyle change, something to do for the rest of my life, as I reach my goal I will adjust my calories for maintenance.
No more binge eating.
I will let you know how this all turns out.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:13 PM
FitDay Member

Good for you Mel. I read so many postings and shake my head. I have a tendency to eat too little and am making an effort to eat that little extra. I exercise a lot (by choice) We are retired and the gym is only a couple of miles away so it is no problem for me to go over for various classes - from yoga, pilates, boxing, aerobics etc. Your plan is sensible and truly seems to be more of a life style change then a diet. I applaud you for coming up with a plan that works for you. You may need to tweak it as you get to plateaus but I'm sure that won't be a problem for you. Good luck - Keep us posted on your success!
Old 04-01-2010, 04:36 AM
FitDay Member

I am down 6 pounds!!! YAH
Old 04-01-2010, 04:48 AM
FitDay Member

Great Job sorting everything out. I think you have really hit on the important elements. Isn't it great to finally feel some restoration of control?
Old 04-01-2010, 05:19 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default I agree

Mel,
You seemed to have found all the important elements to a long lasting, healthy lifestyle. I quit reading diet books some time ago for the same reasons you noted. Either they were recommending some wacko diet or exercise regime, or they were just reiterating what we all know to be true - that is exactly what you have outlined. Good for you!
BTW just 'cuz we all know these things to be true doesn't make them easy to follow so your resolve is outstanding. Keep it up!
Old 04-02-2010, 06:20 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats and keep going strong .
Old 04-09-2010, 03:10 PM
FitDay Member

172 woohoo!
Old 04-10-2010, 10:15 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Keep it up!
Old 04-21-2010, 04:32 PM
FitDay Member

169.5 lbs, it has been a long time since i was under 170, over a year and a half!
Old 04-22-2010, 02:52 AM
FitDay Member

Great Job Mel!!!

I'm interested in the "no sugar" part of your diet. Are you still eating fruit? I eat a lot of fruit so I'm wondering if not eating fruit is helping you lose the weight.

Thank you and Congrats again on making this work for you!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.