Community
Notices

wills weight loss

Old 04-25-2010, 05:00 AM
FitDay Member

Smile wills weight loss

Hey folks new to the site i started my diet today. I am 29 from ireland i weight 252 pounds and my first goal is to lose 14 pounds by the 16th of june and then i will set myself a new goal.

Does anyone have any advice or tips for me as i start this challenge ? I hope that i can keep it up with will power and stayed focused on losing the weight.

Last edited by willschallenge; 04-25-2010 at 11:29 AM.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:39 PM
FitDay Member

Tip 1: Stay off the Guiness!

OK.. Welcome to the wonderful world of getting slimmer, healthier and happier.

Tip 2: Start as you mean to go on: No cutting corners, no excuses.

Tip 3: As you start to understand your calories in and out, make a plan. Make the plan achievable and set yourself intermediate goals you can start to hit soon. Regular success really keeps up the motivation.

Tip 4: Tell people about what you are doing. Allow them to be involved. It helps when you are out with friends of eating at their house that they understand why you want a smaller portion or no fat, or why you are drinking water instead of wine (or guiness..).

Tip 5: Keep in your head a picture of what life will be like when you have reached your goal. Make that picture come alive: How will it change how you feel, how you look, how others perceive you and how it will mean a long healthy life. The more real you can make it the better. I go to bed at night and think about all these things as I drift off to sleep. They are all very real to me.

Tip 6: Remember that this is not a "diet", its a lifestyle choice. It is not temporary (otherwise it's pointless) so treat it like going back to school. The first few months are like re-learning about health and fitness - as time goes on much of it will become as automatic as your current lifestyle, just more beneficial to you.

Keep researching what really works for people. There are so many fad diets that breed excuses and denial. Eat less, move about more and with a bit of determination you will see the results you want.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:20 AM
FitDay Member

very good news on the loss you have given me very good tips thanks. I feel by being on this site and keeping posting will give me that boast to keep losing. Its a great site and it seems to have nice people like yourself on it i am happy so far. Keep the tips coming folks dont be shy post
Old 04-29-2010, 06:05 AM
FitDay Member

Default Weight Goal Tab

I found the Weight Goal tab very helpful. If you haven't checked it out already, you can put in your starting weight and goal weight. Fitday will calculate the calories you need to consume to reach that goal. It's great once you start losing to see the graph that shows where you should be as far as your weight and if you are on track. Fitday will also show you your current BMI and goal BMI and let you know what a healthy range is for you.

Good luck!!