FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Weight Loss Tips (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/)
-   -   Zumba For Fitness! (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/7984-zumba-fitness.html)

John222 08-02-2012 11:54 PM

Zumba For Fitness!

Zumba is a mixed exercise, it combine traditional Latin music with effective workout system.
I heard from many people that Zumba really worked for them. Quick positions changes in Zumba require more energy hence burn more calories. Personally I did't tried Zumba for myself..
What you think? Zumba is really effective for weight loss or not.?

ToriD1012 08-03-2012 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by John222 (Post 86766)
Zumba is a mixed exercise, it combine traditional Latin music with effective workout system.
I heard from many people that Zumba really worked for them. Quick positions changes in Zumba require more energy hence burn more calories. Personally I did't tried Zumba for myself..

Zumba is a really effective workout. It's cardio, cardio, CARDIO!!!

andieligon 08-06-2012 11:59 AM

I love Zumba. I haven't been going as consistently as I know I should be, but I was able to see that by not going to Zumba for a few weeks, my stamina dropped off considerably both while trying to get back into Zumba and when exercising on the treadmill or elliptical.
I will say the most important thing is to have fun with it. I have a couple friends who refuse to take the class or become frustrated while participating. They feel that unless they get all the moves correct, or unless they are at the same pace as the instructor, they are not doing it correctly and its a waste of their time. Just keep moving, and you'll still see the effects.
Also, I know that some people highly recommend the Zumba for Wii, but I do think there is something about being in a class with other people, everyone having fun, that gives so much more to the experience. However, I am a person who likes to have people around me, so that is just me.

sewdream19 08-06-2012 08:45 PM

If you're a Zumba fan, I'd say this is a must-buy Zumba Fitness Rush (Xbox 360) if you want to have the Zumba experience at home; it's not quite the same as being in a real gym with a real instructor and fellow dancers, but it's probably the next closest thing to it. If you've always been curious about Zumba, this is a great and inexpensive way to learn it so that if you do sign up for classes you'll already have some experience under your belt.:)
http://mobiletabletguide.16mb.com/img2/s.gif

manihar234 08-22-2012 08:30 PM

I was able to see that by not going to Zumba for a few weeks, my stamina dropped off considerably both while trying to get back into Zumba and when exercising on the treadmill or elliptical.

sabrinahilley 09-24-2012 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by John222 (Post 86766)

:):)

Yes it works great...i've been doing it for 3 years now and i've seen a big change.!

juliapeter47 10-16-2013 02:01 AM

With zumba you can burn calories but not as fast fitness classes and ya choose perfect matched dance style.

GreedyGirl100 11-13-2013 12:33 AM

I've been going to Zumba since last oct. The past few months not as much as I should but still at it. When I was at my peak 4 times a week I saw some weight loss not dramatic but all formed more muscle tone and better stamina. I also have the Zumba core game for 360. Overall I'd highly recommend getting into Zumba

MissClara 02-20-2014 10:34 PM

I have a friend that is practicing it, and is really working you can see the change on her body.. and from what i hear it is pretty fun too

weightloser1234 02-21-2014 05:23 PM

zumba! one of my favorite exercise. i love and enjoy it.

topspally 02-22-2014 10:32 AM

Zumba is great for a lot of people. I did it once and threw my back out and have never gone back. I think if you have a sense or rhythm (which I don't) and can move fairly easily this would be the perfect exercise. One of my weight loss buddies (who is currently down to 150 pounds overweight) has lost 50+ pounds with Zumba so far. Be careful of your back and enjoy Zumba to the fullest!

weightloser1234 02-24-2014 06:09 PM

zumba is really very interesting and i like it very much. i really continue it with regularity and without gap.