Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
Is a drastic calorie cut the right way to go? >

Is a drastic calorie cut the right way to go?

Community
Notices

Is a drastic calorie cut the right way to go?

Old 06-25-2012, 01:18 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by muaythai_fatguy
2400 was the weight loss level... Most calculators put (sedentary) maintenance at about 3000.

net calories tried was something like... 1900, 2300, 2500, 2700...

Everything I cook is tracked with a food scale. Variables would be portion sizes at restaurants, and potentially my heart rate monitor (or other exercise calculators) being drastically off.

2100-2300 calories worked fantastically for the first 40lbs of weight loss. Literally flew right off; didn't even exercise.

I agree that if I'm eating at a deficit - I should be losing weight. Even if it's primarily lean mass. That's why I'm thinking about dropping way down to 1200. Something is screwed up in the math.
I've gotta agree with Skoorb. I would try 1500--it worked pretty well for me. The problem with going too low cal is that it is very difficult to stick to (I know, I did 1000 a day for nine months before) and may not work much better than a slightly higher level that is easier to live with.

And, make darned sure those are 1500 "good" cals. I like at least 100 grams of protein, fruit, veggies and as little simple carbs as possible.

If you weigh/measure your portions and stick to 1500 a day, I guarantee you will lose weight.

Regards,
Michael
Old 06-25-2012, 02:34 AM
FitDay Member

I too am working with about a 1500 cal. day I have bnot yet started a regimented excersie program as I am working two jobs and my second job make me move a good bit!, I am sleeping better and I am enjoying the journey!m, I have lost 22lbs scince June 3 2012, I ate well this weekend and on sat was up a bit and sunday down a few. this is my body trying to figure out what I am doing! stay focused!