Notices

:( I don't know what happened!

Old 05-11-2012, 03:20 AM
FitDay Member

Default :( I don't know what happened!

I was at about 148 a week ago, when I got out of school. Since I came home I've been working out and logging everything on fitday. I figured I would be a lot nicer to myself and not obsessively weigh myself, because I felt like that depressed me. So today, a little less than a week being home, I decided to see where I was at.

That's the highest I've been in about a year. Even when I was at school and not really bothering, I only hit 150 ONCE. And I just cut out desserts for a bit and it went down.

I just don't get it! I wanna try the scale upstairs because maybe mine got screwed up in the move, but I think the truth will kill me . Or maybe the floor in my dorm room was slanted and it's been lying all along (lol),

I can't even really attribute it to my mom's cooking because my house is low-fat, small portions, and I barely eat anything for dinner, and I don't eat after 8. And I log everything, to stay under 1600. I have started the Insanity workout, but I don't really think I'm sore enough to attribute this weight gain to muscle building.

I totally feel like a failure, could use some cheering up.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:45 AM
FitDay Member

You're allowed to let the scale make you feel happy, but not unhappy! 3.4 lb swing is not extreme, up and down day by day and within the day is absolutely to be expected.

Check another scale, see if that is to blame, and then, to make yourself feel good - do everything in your favor before grabbing next week's weight - drink lots of water and avoid salt the day before, weigh before putting anything in your body in the AM (but after getting everything out!), and don't let 3.4 lb fluctuations control your mind!

Abby
Old 05-11-2012, 03:52 AM
FitDay Member

A few weeks ago I gained 5 pounds in one day by having a salty lunch the day before. It took me 3 or 4 days to get back to where I was. The scale is finicky, and 3 pounds isn't something to be too concerned about. Just try to use it as incentive to work harder for the next few days
Old 05-11-2012, 04:17 AM
Super Moderator

Agree, my first thought was a fluke, some sort of artifact in your diet (sodium, etc.), time of the month, etc.; ups and downs don't always follow a linear pattern of what you eat and how much you exercise. Before you push the panic button, wait a couple days, recalibrate the scale, and take a deep breath, then weigh again.

Also, no, you wouldn't be building muscle that fast, but if you've exerted yourself, your muscles do hold onto fluid, so that may be a part of it.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:33 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks you guys! Well, the upstairs scale weighed me at 150.7 fully clothed AND after eating (see, I was setting myself up for failure there lol), so I feel a little better. It's just that my lowest weight was 140, so seeing how far I shot up, you know? Also, I totally forgot women's weight can fluctuate a week outta the month (no pretty way to put that one) thanks for the support you guys! My goal is 130 this summer, and I want to be at 144> by the time I leave for Florida.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:42 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by azazelsfyre
Thanks you guys! Well, the upstairs scale weighed me at 150.7 fully clothed AND after eating (see, I was setting myself up for failure there lol), so I feel a little better. It's just that my lowest weight was 140, so seeing how far I shot up, you know? Also, I totally forgot women's weight can fluctuate a week outta the month (no pretty way to put that one) thanks for the support you guys! My goal is 130 this summer, and I want to be at 144> by the time I leave for Florida.
It's good that you get an early handle on staying at a healthy weight, but don't let the scale determine your happiness. I'd feel more comfortable if you went by the way your clothes fit. Have you seen that picture of 5 different women who all weigh the same amount? Their sizes range greatly--you can't go by weight. It's not accurate to judge size.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:08 AM
FitDay Member

well, I kicked my butt all last week and finally got things moving. I'm back down to 146 so at least I'm on the right track.

The problem is how my weight "moves". If I eat right and work out, I'll start thinning out above my belly button and up. And then in my lower thighs and down. So I've got a problem spot that I'm working on in between there. Gotta love the family genetics...all my aunts are pear-shaped.

Because of this, there are clothes that are loose in the waist and drop too low, but will be snug in my thighs, etc. A girl at school was sitting in my room while I was packing to go home, and she said, "wow, I never really see you wear all these clothes, only jeans that you always have to pull up". (I wanted to respond with yea, well I only ever see you in too tight leggings that do nothing for your body, but I didn't, and most of those clothes she was commenting on I wore for work and going out rather than daily life. Anyway.) So it's really annoying, because the next size down will be too small. But I'm trying to drop until that stupid trouble area gets better.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:08 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by volleyballgranny
It's good that you get an early handle on staying at a healthy weight, but don't let the scale determine your happiness. I'd feel more comfortable if you went by the way your clothes fit. Have you seen that picture of 5 different women who all weigh the same amount? Their sizes range greatly--you can't go by weight. It's not accurate to judge size.
Could you link me to the picture? Thx!!!
Old 05-15-2012, 04:16 AM
Banned

I would like to see this pics as well

Originally Posted by volleyballgranny
Old 05-15-2012, 04:49 AM
FitDay Member

Here's the link

The average weight of a British woman, but as these five show it comes in many shapes | Mail Online

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.