I'm looking for accountability & support

Community
Notices

I'm looking for accountability & support

Old 03-27-2010, 05:13 AM
FitDay Member

Red face I'm looking for accountability & support

Day 2 -- of this go-round!

I love food, I love wine, I love to entertain.

As a kid I never really had weight issues...I was within the "normal" range. Then as I started working I gained a lb or two a year. Next thing you know I'm overweight, have high cholesteral and, health-wise, am pointing in the wrong direction. I got a workout buddy, ate right and gradually lost 15 lbs to get me to 135 lbs. Is still thought I was a bit "thick".

This was 10 years ago, I now weight 182, and would LOVE to have my "thick" 135 back! But I can't seem to stay on track. I don't have an exercise or food buddy, and I am looking to give myself some accountability and PRESSURE...and hopefully some encourement to stay on track. My profile is public, but I'd love some friends on this &/or my facebook page. I'm still trying to figure out how to link things together.

Besides having my weight, food, and activities public, I'd love to share and receive great tasting nuturionally balance recipes...I think that will have to be on facebook though...I don't know how to add them here.

Anyway, If anyone wants to be part of my buddy system -- I'd love the support.

fitgirl63 (same name on facebook, email is removed

Last edited by VitoVino; 12-08-2011 at 10:15 AM.
Old 03-27-2010, 05:30 AM
FitDay Member

Hey fitgirl63, welcome aboard. I'll be your buddy. 4 months ago I was much worse off than you at 5'-2" and 244 pounds. As of this morning I'm down to 188, 56 down, 68 to go. I'm going to see 120 pounds again, come hell or high water. I hear you on the "would love to see 135 again", won't that be a great day? I always thought I was "fat" as a teenager, now I look at those old pictures and think "where did those legs go?".

There is a section on the forums where you can get recipes, just scroll down and look for "Food" or you can do a search. I'm not on Facebook, but there are some really good discussions in the women's corner where a lot of us check in regularly. I'm finding the food and exercise log to be really key in my journey to get fit again. I just try and keep my intake lower than my burn by about 1000 calories a day, which is pretty easy so long as I get my daily workout. I also have a pedometer which I LOVE. They are like $15-30 and I find it to be a great motivator. I've made 10,000 steps almost everyday since Christmas.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:52 AM
Super Moderator

fitgirl- that fact that you mention accountability shows that you have your head in the right place. Being accountable is a huge part of weight loss success, that many people miss out on. I'm here to encourage you if you need help along the way, just let me know.

one of the "biggest losers" (if not, the biggest) that I know of on here, mfagerstrom, turn me on to a 52DC (52 day challenge) on the men's health forum. They have women there as well. The challenge has already started so you wouldn't be able to join now but it's help me stay focused and has made it fun again. There may be women specific boards that have similar challenges where you report to the group on a daily basis. If so, I'd suggest joining one.