Notices

Kidney Bean and Artichoke Extract

Old 02-28-2012, 12:46 AM
FitDay Member

Default Kidney Bean and Artichoke Extract

Has anybody heard about combining Kidney Bean and Artichoke extract? It is supposed to boost weight lose dramatically. Was wondering if anybody has tried it yet.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:07 AM
FitDay Member

Where have you heard about this?

I think it is nice to think that adding a tonic to your regular food intake will help boost weight loss. But save your money and buy and make healthful food instead. You will enjoy it more, and will have the same effect.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:25 AM
FitDay Member

When I read the title I thought it was a dip recipe. Bummer, cause that might be tasty. LOL
Old 02-28-2012, 03:54 AM
FitDay Member

Lightbulb Stick with cayenne pepper!

Originally Posted by LoraLove
Has anybody heard about combining Kidney Bean and Artichoke extract? It is supposed to boost weight lose dramatically. Was wondering if anybody has tried it yet.
Nope. But why don't you stick with something that has actually been shown to work? Like cayenne pepper?

NOTE TO MODS: this is taken from an Internet Brands owned site, so it is not 'spam' LOL!

How Cayenne Pepper Can Help You Lose Weight | 3FC

How Cayenne Pepper Can Help You Lose Weight

If you are looking to lose weight, cayenne pepper is one of the products that you should consider trying. In fact, many people claim that cayenne pepper may just be the best herb that you can use for weight loss. Cayenne pepper primarily helps with weight loss by speeding up your metabolism. Read on to learn more about how you can lose weight by consuming this herb.
Cayenne Pepper and Capsaicin

Some experts claim that cayenne pepper can speed up your metabolism by as much as 25 percent. The ingredient responsible for this benefit is none other than capsaicin, the active ingredient found in cayenne pepper. This ingredient is what gives peppers its spicy flavor. Capsaicin is considered a thermogenic chemical which can help increase your metabolism. Even after you’ve eaten a meal that has a high fat content, the capsaicin in cayenne pepper can help you burn the excess calories. Capsaicin can also slow down the development of fats in your body by activating a protein called kinase. Kinase is primarily found in your tissues and muscles. Aside from boosting your metabolism, capsaicin can also suppress your appetite, which means that you will feel fewer hunger pangs and eat less food. In the medical industry, capsaicin is also being used as a pain relief solution.

Personally, I've had GREAT SUCCESS with cayenne pepper and weight loss!

Oh, and for any naysayers here on FitDay, if you've got a problem with me recommending cayenne pepper for a metabolism boost, you should do your homework first, as FitDay even says it's good for boosting metabolism (and therefore of course aids in weight loss!):

Using Cayenne Pepper to Boost Your Metabolism / Fitness / Weight Loss
Old 02-28-2012, 07:26 AM
FitDay Member

It has been shown to work. I read about it in Woman's World February issue. It has been proven to work by tons of scientific research.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:33 AM
FitDay Member

It was in the February issue of Woman's World.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:36 PM
FitDay Member

I can vouch for the effectiveness of cayenne... I mean, it won't work miracles, but every bit helps, right? Also it tastes pretty good, I add it to a lot of my cooking now

Also, I use cinnamon, it's known for helping regulate blood sugar, so I sprinkle a little on my cereal in the mornings.

Ginger is good too for helping to aid in digestion!
Old 04-05-2012, 03:29 AM
FitDay Member

Default Kidney Bean and Artichoke

I just started this combo Monday....Today, Thursday morning...I have lost 5lbs....and I haven't done anything different either.