FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Weight Loss Tips (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/)
-   -   Fat Loss Monitor (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/6087-fat-loss-monitor.html)

mecompco 12-30-2011 12:16 PM

Fat Loss Monitor

Got an Omron Fat Loss Monitor (the well-reviewed HBF-306C). On the first read (I know one needs to follow certain guidelines for consistant results) it says I have a BMI of 28 (FitDay's calculation says 27.36) and a body fat content of 24%.

Am I correct in figuring that at around 185 pounds, 24% of that would be around 44.4 pounds? And that minus the body fat I actually weigh 140 pounds? Pretty sad if it's true!

At any rate, an interesting device. I'll take readings throuhout the day for a while to establish a base-line and then see if I can't work to reduce the fat ratio.

Regards,
Michael

01gt4.6 12-30-2011 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by mecompco (Post 66434)
Got an Omron Fat Loss Monitor (the well-reviewed HBF-306C). On the first read (I know one needs to follow certain guidelines for consistant results) it says I have a BMI of 28 (FitDay's calculation says 27.36) and a body fat content of 24%.

Am I correct in figuring that at around 185 pounds, 24% of that would be around 44.4 pounds? And that minus the body fat I actually weigh 140 pounds? Pretty sad if it's true!

At any rate, an interesting device. I'll take readings throuhout the day for a while to establish a base-line and then see if I can't work to reduce the fat ratio.

Regards,
Michael

That's is correct. The rest is muscle, organs, fluids, bones, etc

VitoVino 12-30-2011 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by mecompco (Post 66434)

Not too sad, I mean we all have to have some body fat, right? So what's your ideal weight? It's gotta be higher than mine at 143 pounds because you're taller than me. Here's a good calculator I found for that iGoogle: Get Body Weight, Fat & BMI on your Google homepage

clarkslp 12-30-2011 04:03 PM

Actually 24% is not that bad. 20% and under is considered healthy.

Keep in mind these monitors tend to be sensitive to your hydration level, so try to be consistent with your water intake.

RunbikeSki 12-31-2011 05:00 AM

I agree 24% for a male is pretty darned good. (Especially given where you started from dude;)).

bensimon1981 04-08-2012 09:58 PM

Hi, I am a diabetic since 2 year and a blood type AB. I want to know if I use hcg drops for my hormone imbalances, would it give me good results as I am a starters in hcg drops for hormone. I have consulted couple of doctors for hcg drops they have mixed reviews about it.