FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Weight Loss Tips (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/)
-   -   A Review of the Yoanana machine (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/6080-review-yoanana-machine.html)

Vickey Darrell 12-30-2011 12:04 AM

A Review of the Yoanana machine

Due to medical issues I am on a fruit -vegetable- no sodium-no sugar and no animal protein lifestyle way of eating and just wanted to let everyone know about a Christmas gift my husband bought me it is called the Yoanana icecream machine it takes only fresh frozen fruit and makes it into a icecream like treat I LOVE IT,,,,this is not an advertisement this is just something I wanted to share as I know alot of the quizmo's out there are not worth the money.
It was purchased at Meijer not ordering online so saved the shipping costs.
I fixed the banana and strawberry icecream last night so yummy no sugar-no artifical added ingredients - no sodium only fruit.
This morning making the banana and pineapple for breakfast.
You can view this online to see what it is hope this helps someone,:)

VitoVino 12-30-2011 07:10 AM

It sounds like fun machine to use. I've been meaning to try blending some fruits up in the blender, then making my own frozen fruit pops. Basically you just need 2-3 fruits and you freeze individual layers until it's completed. But this machine sounds like a neat variation of this and probably easier to use. Use it in good health. :)

Vickey Darrell 12-30-2011 07:26 AM

Thanks ....I have tried the fruits in the blender but this is totally different this is creamy like ice cream.
Trying the pumpkin /banana(you freeze in ice cube trays canned pumpkin-pumpkin pie seasonings and vanilla) flavor tonight for dessert.

I am all for anything that will make the foods I have to eat taste or look better to eat.

Vickey Darrell 02-10-2012 12:15 AM

Here is an update on my new way of eating fruit creams instead of ice cream
I love this machine I have tried almost every fruit combo you can find also tried some that aren't even mentioned in the recipe booklet that came with it.
I froze some low carb yogurt in ice cube trays and add it to the frozen banana and it is so yummy.
We also tried freezing sugar free pudding and all I can say is who needs fattening ice cream when you can have healthy options \.
Again I am not pushing the machine for any other reason than to help others find a healthier way of eating.
We purchased ours at Meijers but found them recently at Krogers and that way you don't have to pay shipping and handling

VitoVino 02-10-2012 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Vickey Darrell (Post 72373)
Again I am not pushing the machine for any other reason than to help others find a healthier way of eating.

Well, some here can probably claim that I "push" green tea, although I rarely mention a brand and have never mentioned where to buy it. Just be careful and you'll be fine. ;)

Vickey Darrell 02-10-2012 03:27 AM

I was hoping I wasn't crossing any lines but love it when someone informs me of good ways and things to try to help my weight loss journey an easier one.

I too love green tea.

almeeker 02-10-2012 03:58 AM

I don't have that particular machine, but I have something that makes ice cream out of fruit. It you have a Kitchen Aide mixer you can buy an ice cream attachment for it. Works like a dream, very yummy.