Notices

Completely disgusted

Old 02-26-2010, 03:07 AM
FitDay Member

Unhappy Completely disgusted

I am sick of myself. Two years ago, I lost 30 pounds and kept it off for a year. For the past year, I've slowly put about 15 of those pounds back on and every day for the past two months I've been saying "today is the day I get back on track". But I haven't done it. 15 pounds is two clothes sizes and I'm just sick of feeling fat.

So is today the day or am I going to blow it again?
Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer
Old 02-26-2010, 03:42 AM
FitDay Member

Default can relate

Laura,
I know exactly how you feel. Maybe worse! About two years ago I was fit, running 10miles every other day. I was able to cycle almost 20miles on a good day. I moved to Texas from California and starting losing those great habits I had that made me feel so great and look good. I met my fiance who has three children, I am now a step mommy of three. Even though I work full time, I cook a meal every night for my family, Something I have never done. Before I knew it, it was a year later and I had gained 50lbs and couldnt full even ONE mile if my life depended on it. It will take time to lose the weight that took me a year to gain, but I finally woke up! I loved running. I loved myself when I was fit and healthy. I want me again. I know you can get motivated to be happy with yourself again! Good Luck!
Old 02-26-2010, 03:45 AM
FitDay Member

Red face Hello, Debbie Downer!

Originally Posted by LauraJo9
I am sick of myself. Two years ago, I lost 30 pounds and kept it off for a year. For the past year, I've slowly put about 15 of those pounds back on and every day for the past two months I've been saying "today is the day I get back on track". But I haven't done it. 15 pounds is two clothes sizes and I'm just sick of feeling fat.

So is today the day or am I going to blow it again?
Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer
Keep your chin up! It is a marathon - not a sprint. Every day is a fresh start.

I'm 41 and getting back in better shape after some ups and downs myself. It is harder as you get older - that is the truth! If you are young - make the effort to get to a healthy weight now (While you still can!!) and keep it that way.

I've only been on this site for one week. A trainer recommended it. I was stuck at 150 despite 6 days a week at the gym and depriving myself of all the things I really like to eat. Logging my food has opened my eyes to the fact that I was eating too LITTLE each day - and the wrong things - and not drinking enough water. I ate more over the last week (protein, of course!) drank more water, and finally broke the barrier. I want to be fit and firm - and weigh what my driver's license says I do - that's all.

Fifteen pounds - 2 clothing sizes - is totally do-able by summer. Why not start today? You will feel great and what a wonderful way to greet the warmer weather?!?!

I've never posted before but noticed your post as I drank my protein shake (Yum!) and looked around at what this site has to offer other than the food log. I hope you'll write back and say you're making good choices.

Nothing tastes as good as skinny (and healthy!) feels. : )

Wendy
Old 02-26-2010, 04:18 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks so much for the support, it really helps.

Kelsey, we have something else in common. I also became instant step mom last year. My husband's 13 year old daughter was not getting along with her mom and begged to live with us. We now have full custody and I am a real "mom". It's a lot harder than I thought, but also more rewarding than I expected.

Have a great weekend, and yes, I'm starting over today!
Old 02-26-2010, 07:09 AM
FitDay Member

WOW I can so relate to you guys! Mother of 2 step mother to 1. I started gaining weight shortly after getting married and becoming a mixed family. I think the reason I have hung on to my weight for so long is becasue sometimes i felt like the only thing i could control was what i ate, and i ate my worries. But things have changed, I have changed,and it gets better. I finally decided i didn't want to look or feel bad anymore. I know that if i don't feel good about myself that I can't be a role model, per say, to all of my kids. I'm losing the weight for me, but in a way for them too. Granted have my bad days and some times i could do better but i think this is "a marathon" and that every little success is one more closer to me enjoying life again and feeling like i have done something good for myself, as well and my kids. All of my kids!
Old 02-26-2010, 07:34 AM
FitDay Member

Laura--If I didn't know any better, I could have been the one who posted your words. I am in the exact same position as you. I am having such a difficult time getting motivated. Every day since the first of the year, I have told myself, "Today is the day to stick with it." By the end of that day, I have blown it. It is so good to see I am not alone. Now maybe we can work together and push ourselves forward to that goal. I have 35 lbs. to loose. I used to do weight watchers and lost 30 (keeping that off for over a year) and now up 15. It sickens me!!! Hang in there, we can do this.

Wendy, your words of encouragement are awesome. Yes, every day IS a fresh start and we should not be beating ourselves up. Thanks!!
Old 02-26-2010, 01:08 PM
FitDay Member

WOW!!! I was so there! But let me tell you, just the fact that you took the time to get on fit day... make a post..... I'd say hey YOU STARTED TODAY!!! Good job! Keep it up!!! One day at a time, one pound at a time!
So many times I'd tell myself..,. today is the day.... it just seemed that today never came! Then on New Year's I decided enough is enough, threw down the nasty cigarettes, began eating healthier so as not to gain anyMORE weight and then on january 12th made healthier changes. Now 25lbs lighter and fitter staying motivated is getting finally getting easier..... so now that you started with your posting today, I say keep up the good work.... keep us posted and we can help you with motivation!

YOU CAN DO IT!!!! WE ALL CAN DO IT!!!!
Old 02-27-2010, 12:23 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by kelseyterrell
Laura,
I know exactly how you feel. Maybe worse! About two years ago I was fit, running 10miles every other day. I was able to cycle almost 20miles on a good day. ... it was a year later and I had gained 50lbs and couldnt full even ONE mile if my life depended on it. It will take time to lose the weight that took me a year to gain, but I finally woke up! I loved running. I loved myself when I was fit and healthy. I want me again. I know you can get motivated to be happy with yourself again! Good Luck!
How did you train to run? I love it for the SHORT distance I can do it and would love to be able to love doing it daily. Make it not so much a chore but more of an enojyment. Do you have any tips?
Old 02-27-2010, 12:43 AM
FitDay Member

No matter if you 'blow it' today or not, the fact that you record everything you eat and do is a start. I have been there also. I spent my whole life in the normal range of weight - then a year and a half ago, I was downsized from my job. Although I was not unhappy about it, the change in my life really changed my activity level and of course being home (with my husband also retired) I ate more. I would say about going back to the gym and watching what I ate but it never happened. I had used Fitday before the keep my weight where I wanted it so opened it up again and started recording. It makes such a difference. If you record a day that you 'blow' it motivates you to do better the next day. I'm also back at the gym most every day for classes and some weight training. My weight has just gotten back where it should be for my height but I want it down about another 10 - so not back where I was but back to a healthy for my age. I'm soon to be 54 and it really is harder to get as toned as I was but Fitday helps as I always know I am going in the right direction and that it will happen - just more slowly.
You will succeed if you record everything! Good Luck!
Old 02-27-2010, 01:44 AM
FitDay Member

Red face Happy Weekend!

Since everyone was so upbeat and encouraging I thought I'd check in and see how it is going - one day later....

I am curious to know your ages - if you're willing to share.

The reason I ask is, for those of you who said you were "new" moms to young children I wanted to share my thought that that time of life is an especially difficult one to carve out time for yourself or to eat properly when the peanut gallery demands "Happy Meals" on every corner.

I put my kids in a double umbrella stroller and walked the high school track or the neighborhood sidewalks with friends. Later we planned park trips and hikes with dozens of kids in tow to get moms and kids alike up and moving. I'm hoping you are part of a group like that because it's great for the kids and a life saver for the adults.

Now I'm on the back nine of child rearing, with sons ages 15 and 17, and a lot more time to work out, plan, shop, and prepare healthy meals.

Still there are challenges at this stage. Yesterday my 15 year old lamented, "There's no food in this house!" (Which confirmed my earlier suspicion that canned tuna/chicken, Cliff bars and protein powder were not, in fact, food after all.) What he meant was that there was no "junk food" in the house - which is true. Sugar free Jello and No Sugar Added Hot Cocoa is as close as you'll get to a sweet treat in our pantry. Sad, but true.

"You don't know how hard it is to eat a plain sandwich every day and watch my friends drool all over fried chicken and french fries." he shouted.

So, while feeding and eating around little kids has its challenges, I'm here to tell you that a "food fight" can break out at any age.

Which is why I have to remind myself that it is a marathon - not a sprint - with parenting, too!

Will this come up in therapy? : |

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.