Notices

confused......

Old 10-17-2011, 04:14 AM
FitDay Member

Default confused......

Ive been eating right and exercising 4 to 5 times a week for an hour but the scale has not moved I wiegh myself in the beginning and just yesterday but the scale did not move im just going to stick with it and not weigh myself untill Nov 1 and see what happens I feel a chang coming on. ((positive))

GOOD LUCK TO EVERONE!!!!!

Last edited by freedom01; 10-17-2011 at 04:16 AM.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:02 AM
FitDay Premium Member

To paraphrase a popular saying, "Plateaus Happen". Your body gets used to reduced calories and/or increase exercise. It's time to change something up--eat a little more (or less), change your calorie mix a bit, do a different form of exercise. Or all three!

You can also just wait it out--if you are sure you are maintaining a daily calorie deficit, you WILL eventually start losing again.

Regards,
Michael
Old 10-17-2011, 05:46 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi Freedom,
Congrats on the great progress you have made - you deserve a big ole pat on the back.

As Michael noted, plateaus happen. I totally agree with his suggestions.

One thing that helped me, and others, is to take a break in the low calorie regime, and try to eat the amount of calories recommended for maintenance at your current weight for a week or 2. Then return to the low-cal routine. Sometimes our bodies just need time to adjust to our new size. This was recommended by my diet doc a couple of years ago and while it can require a little discipline to get back on the lower calorie program after eating normally for a while, it seemed to work for me.

Stay strong!
Old 10-18-2011, 10:11 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the advice, Pam & Michael....
Old 10-19-2011, 01:29 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by freedom01
Thanks for the advice, Pam & Michael....
You're welcome, and let us know when the plateau breaks! Over the course of 17 months I've had a few and when they let go, I generally see a pretty nice loss quite quickly.

Regards,
Michael