Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
Slightly freaking out. Slightly. >

Slightly freaking out. Slightly.

Community
Notices

Slightly freaking out. Slightly.

Old 10-13-2011, 05:50 AM
FitDay Member

Question Slightly freaking out. Slightly.

Hey Everyone!!

I just joined this site a few days ago, and am completely obsessed with it! Anyway. On to the topic of concern.

When I was inputting all of my height and weight stats, I was worried. Mostly worried because it says my BMR is about 2600, and I bet you I've been eating only about 1500 calories since this past June. I know I have read and heard people talk about how you have to eat to lose weight and how you need to make sure you are eating enough. But if I cut out 600 calories, I'm still consuming 2100!! For real? That seems like a crazy amount of food, especially when trying to lose weight. So my question to all of you, did you start out with your 1200-1500-1800 calorie limit or did you work yourself down to that?

I'm really worried that by eating those extra calories I will gain weight. Right now I have been stable @ 198 and do not want to see a number above 200 ever again. Should I be worried? Should I be questioning eating this much? HELP!
Old 10-13-2011, 06:00 AM
FitDay Member

I agree that the Fitday BMR calories seem too generous. I modified the program to require about 1500 calories a day. Someone just posted a formula under the message "weight loss for math geeks." It seemed accurate to me. Check it out and see if the calories are more in line with what you were thinking.

Jane
Old 10-13-2011, 06:50 AM
FitDay Member

Hi rnbwskitts, and welcome to FitDay!

You may want to check out the following thread for further help:

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...-activity.html

Including sleep into the activities seems to be the trick.

Also, if you do a tag search (using the search function) for "sleep activity" you'll find other threads that discuss this topic. I performed the search for you:

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...0activity.html

Last edited by VitoVino; 10-13-2011 at 06:54 AM.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:37 PM
FitDay Member

Hm. I did the BMR calculation that was suggested in the math geeks section. It came out within a 100 calories of the one on FD. I also went back and edited my energy level to completely seated, and that made a lot more sense. I guess its touch and go from here... which is scary!

Thanks for the input!! :-)
Old 10-13-2011, 08:29 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by rnbwskitts
Hm. I did the BMR calculation that was suggested in the math geeks section. It came out within a 100 calories of the one on FD. I also went back and edited my energy level to completely seated, and that made a lot more sense. I guess its touch and go from here... which is scary!

Thanks for the input!! :-)
Personally, I'm a fan of keeping as large a calorie deficit as one comfortably can (approved by your Dr., of course). 1500 calories or so works well for me. I would make sure all (most) of those calories are from "good" food. Just my .02.

Regards,
Michael