New Years Day Lose 10% of Your Body Weight Challenge >

New Years Day Lose 10% of Your Body Weight Challenge

Community
Notices

New Years Day Lose 10% of Your Body Weight Challenge

Old 12-13-2011, 09:06 PM
FitDay Premium Member

A hair over two weeks left!

Down (finally) another half a pound after that bounce, so an even 185 this morning.

Now 184 is my all-time low weight and is what I got down to "last time" back in '01. Before that, probably the last time I was 184 was in elementary school.

So even though I doubt 179 is going to happen by New Year's, I'd like to think I can manage 184 or 183 and I'll be happy.

Keep on keepin' all, my fellow "losers".

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-20-2011, 01:08 AM
FitDay Member

it's hard to say if i'll meet my goal of 210 by the new year, but getting to 213.4 or under by that time would be great snice that'll be 20 lbs lost!
Old 12-21-2011, 08:25 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Ten days left! Finally lost another pound--the scale has been pretty sluggish lately. But, that's fine as I'm wrapping my head around not being in a big hurry to lose the last 19 pounds.

On the kinda cool side, 184 equals the lightest weight I got down to "last time" back in '01. Another pound and I'll be lighter than any time since I lost weight at 21 and got down to 175 or thereabouts.

Keep up the fight and stay safe, everyone!

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-31-2011, 12:37 AM
FitDay Member

last check in for me

and i lost 8.4% of my body weight. 19.6 pounds down the drain.

starting and ending the year the same weight so i guess that isn't too bad.

i have to november this new year to get to 125lbs accroding to my program, but if i can get to 140 that puts in and the healthy range.

it'll be a jump for joy the day i get under 200 and i plan to never be in those numbers again!

see you all next year!
Old 12-31-2011, 01:18 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Yup, last check-in of 2011! I actually saw 182 on the scale last week, but after Christmas parties and five days at camp, I've had a pretty good temporary bump up. Amazing what a week of abusing yourself can accomplish (not for the good). But, I avoided any of my trigger foods and I know from experience that I can fluctuate five or six pounds due to simple fluid retention.

Anyway, I'm for the record I'm going to stick with my last "official" weigh in for the challenge, and end at 184 for a 15lb./7.5% loss. Not bad, going on two years of consistant losses.

So, with this challenge coming to an end, who's up for the ever popular April Fool's Day Challenge? I think I'm going to shoot for 5% this time, though if I managed to do better that would be great.

May 4th will mark my two year lifestyle change anniversary and I've got it in mind that it would be cool to be at or around my ultimate goal of 165.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-01-2012, 12:51 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Happy New Years!

Collectively, we lost around 136 pounds during this challenge--weigh to go!

To those who stayed the course, congratulations! To those who strayed or took some time off, don't despair--the great thing is that you can go for it again. Examine what worked for you and what didn't. Make some changes to your plan and make a new commitment.

Let's all make 2012 a great year!

Regards,
Michael

PS You're all welcome to join this year's April Fool's Day Challenge!