Notices

Anybody drinking green tea for weight loss?

Old 08-17-2012, 05:35 AM
FitDay Member

I love green tea! I always thought it just tasted lighter and better than black tea, but it's truly amazing how many health benefits green tea offers! This is an interesting article that shares some benefits of green tea you would never realize!
Enjoy!

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 09-11-2012 at 02:32 AM. Reason: link removed due to ads
Old 08-18-2012, 05:17 AM
FitDay Premium Member

So I was inspired by this thread to drink green tea instead of water yesterday afternoon - and then couldn't get to sleep last night! I forgot that it has caffeine.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:51 PM
FitDay Member

I tried tea and it did help, but I don't think it was because of the tea but rather because it filled my belly up ;-) I doubt that tea can really burn fat but it can surely cleanse your body and make you feel better.

Originally Posted by VitoVino
I just started drinking it. Making your own is easy and comes out great if you've got an iced tea maker. I drink mine straight up with no additives whatsoever and it tastes very good and is very refreshing.

I've been reading a lot about how it helps to burn belly fat. I really don't know what's taken me so long to start drinking this amazing leaf. One study says that it's better than drinking just plain water. Amazing.

Anybody drinking it for weight loss?
Old 08-21-2012, 08:52 AM
FitDay Member

Green tea is high in antioxidants. A diet high in antioxidant foods can elevate your metabolism. A high metabolism burns more calories. A diet burning more calories can burn excess body fat. So green tea equals weight loss

Last edited by Kathy13118; 04-06-2014 at 03:43 PM.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:33 PM
FitDay Member

Green tea has many advantages and is favorable for loosing weight. It is used in raising metabolism and increasing fat oxidation.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:45 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by JaimeMWS
So I was inspired by this thread to drink green tea instead of water yesterday afternoon - and then couldn't get to sleep last night! I forgot that it has caffeine.
I recently started drinking green tea for the health benefits and for weight loss. I was looking for something other than just water to quench my thirst that I could drink in quantity without adding any sugar (as I am trying to cut all sugar from my diet).

My husband likes drinking regular iced tea with sugar (that I make) and he can drink it all day and all night without trouble sleeping.. but not I..lol

I find that so long as I switch to water early in the evening several hours before bed, it does not keep me up.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:28 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Amazonone

My husband likes drinking regular iced tea with sugar (that I make) and he can drink it all day and all night without trouble sleeping.. but not I..lol

I find that so long as I switch to water early in the evening several hours before bed, it does not keep me up.
Have you tried decaffeinated tea?
Old 09-09-2012, 11:20 PM
FitDay Member

I used to drink green tea all the time. Then my fiance said it made me smell, like really bad. So I've cut down to a cup of hot green tea in the morning with splenda and a splash of milk.

Anyone else emit a smell when they drink too much green tea?
Old 09-17-2012, 07:51 AM
FitDay Member

Default Green Tea

I have been drinking green tea for the last several years, not for weight loss but just because I like it. I would like to offer a few suggestions for your consideration:

First: There are many many different types of green tea and it does not all taste the same. Generally speaking the best quality usually comes in loose leaf form. Teabags are far more convenient but usually do not produce quite as good results. One of the most common everyday green teas is called Sencha. It is affordable and widely available both in teabags and loose leaf form. When I am in a hurry, I use sencha teabags from Maeda-en. You can find them on their website or Amazon. Part of the fun of drinking green tea is exploring the different varieties to find one that suit you.

Second: DO NOT BOIL THE WATER!! Green tea is FAR more sensitive to the specifics of the brewing process than most other teas. Green tea should be brewed with good quality water (not tap water) that has been heated to temperature of 165-185 degrees Fahrenheit. Boiling the water drives off gases and may significantly change the water. This may be of no consequence when preparing something like black tea which is very strong. More delicate teas, such as green, can be adversely affected. Further, the length of time you steep the tea can affect the taste as well. This may require some experimentation but best results are usually obtained in the 30 seconds to 3 minute range. Check out steepster.com for tea reviews and specific brewing suggestions.

Third: Make drinking tea a positive everyday ritual. From the heating of the water, to patient steeping of the tea, and from the first to the last sip, the preparation and drinking of tea can become a little ceremony in your everyday life that provides a few special moments in which to center yourself and indulge in sensory celebration. Finding comfort and enjoyment in the things that are good for you will help keep you on your chosen path.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:19 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by helveticat
Being a Brit, I already have to drink my own weight in what we refer to as "normal tea" each day, leaving no room for green tea drinking. I take it in capsule form. Proper scientific evidence seems to be slim but it's pretty cheap and a lot of people here swear by it. If you don't like the taste, capsules might be worth a go.
Helveticat,

what capsules do you use?

Thanks,

Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.