Notices

Anybody drinking green tea for weight loss?

Old 09-17-2018, 07:08 AM
FitDay Member

One of my neighbour and my sister friend had successfully lost few pounds by drinking green tea. That's why my sister also started drink green tea for weight loss and she also noticed that she started to lose some weight without changing her daily diet. But when she stopped drinking green tea she gain back the lost weight. So that means you may lose some weight by drinking green tea but you have to make it a habit. If you stop you will regain the lost weight.
Old 09-17-2018, 07:22 PM
FitDay Member

The average adult human body is comprised of Water: 35 liters, Carbon: 20 kg, Ammonia: 4 liters, Lime:1.5 kg, Phosphrus: 800 g, salt: 250g, saltpeter:100g, Sulfer: 80g, Fluorine: 7.5 g, iron: 5.6 g, Silicon: 3g, and 15 other elements in small quantities…. For that matter, the elements found in a human being is all junk that you can buy in any market with a child’s allowance. Humans are pretty cheaply made” catchy lines from novel Alchemist, These may not be accurate but some extent its true, something interesting to think is these elements reacts with others and cause harmful effects to our body then these are called toxins.

What are Toxins?

A toxin is defined as any substance that causes harmful effects to your body. Our immune system, liver and kidneys remove toxins at some rate, when they exceed beyond capacity they store in our body. when these toxin levels become too high you will fell into diseases. Toxins come from environmental sources, lifestyle habits, internal toxins created by the body and even your emotions.

Some examples for daily toxin exposure

• Meat: Most of the animals are kept in insanitary under inhumane conditions. In order to prevent animals falling sick and other infections antibiotics are given very often. When we consume that animal’s meat there is high possibility of affecting our resistance system of body, which results in prolonged diseases.
  • Colored Soft Drink: Many soft drinks are mixed with chemicals to get their colors. These will show profound affect to our intelligence and thinking power. Frequent consumption of these drinks will have a serious effect on senses of knowledge.
  • Fats and Oils: Food product companies use hydrogenated oil to preserve for long time. This hydrogenated oil is commonly found in foods that also have saturated fats. For example foods like packed snacks, baked food, 2-min instant food, coffee creamers etc… This causes a range of health problems, including increased inflammation, higher risk of cancer and diabetes and weight gain.
  • Health and beauty products: Triclosan is an anti-bacterial chemical which is used in many health and beauty products like shampoos, Face creams, soaps, toothpaste and shampoos. Although it is potential for antibiotic resistance it has some major side effects like decrease in hormone levels and increase in cancer risk. All of these effects mean you should check to see if any of your toiletries contain this anti-bacterial chemical and consider it carefully when buying these items.
  • Steroids and Pesticides: Along with pesticides, steroids have also become a common addition to many meats, as a lot of farmers use the hormone to increase the amount of meat they can get out of their livestock. This can be a problem as the steroid levels can build up in your body, which means that they can exert the same ill effects personal steroid consumption. Pesticides are widely used in plant treatment and to kill pests in agriculture They are toxic, and exposure to pesticides can not only cause a number of health effects, but is linked to a range of serious illnesses and disease in humans, from respiratory problems to cancer.
There are many harmful we were exposed to in your daily life. Whether this is through food, liquid or health care products and toiletries, care should be taken to limit your exposure to these chemicals.

Herbal Tea’s:

As per popular misconception, they are not derived from the usual tea plants, but rather from what are called as ‘tisanes’. There are several kinds of tisanes (herbal teas) that have been used for their medicinal properties. Herbal tea, according to many, look like tea and is brewed as the same way as tea, but in reality it is not considered a tea at all. This is due to the fact that they do not originate from the Camellia Sinensis bush, the plant from which all teas are made. It is also important to understand that there are a huge variety of herbal teas available in the market, each of which is designed to have a specific therapeutic or medicinal benefit. However, there are some general benefits that can be obtained from most herbal teas, and these are as follows:
  • Achieving a more calm and relaxed state of mind
  • Supporting heart health
  • Aiding with stomach and digestive problems
  • Providing cleansing properties for the body
  • Promoting energy and wellness
  • Nourishing the nervous system
  • Strengthening the immune system
  • Providing antioxidants to the body
  • Boosting energy levels and invigorating the body
  • Relieving stress
  • Helping to avoid colds
  • Stimulating the internal organs
  • Promoting a good night’s sleep
  • Sarsaparilla – promotes energy and healthy skin.
  • Slippery elm – helps to relieve stomach cramps
  • Other gastrointestinal problems
  • Caffeine free and tastes great.

What are the ingredients a cup of herbal tea usually contains?

The thing is, there are many different herbs that can be found in herbal tea, each with a different use and purpose. Some common ones include:
  1. Chamomile: Chamomile is renowned for its calming propertiesand is also said to be anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic.Chamomile is one of the most common herbal teas people drink. It has a mild sedative effect, so it’s perfect to use as a sleep aid. It also soothes stomach pains and acts as a gentle laxative. It helps alleviate menstrual cramps: research indicates that chamomile raises levels of glycine, a substance that calms muscle spasms.
  2. Chrysanthemum: Chrysanthemum is sweet-tasting and is able to reduce body heat resulting from fever. It also helps protect against liver damage and neutralises toxins.
  3. Cinnamon: Cinnamon is calming and helps to support healthy circulation and digestion.
  4. Ginseng: Ginseng stimulates vitality and helps the body stay healthy.
  5. Ginger root: Ginger is an energizer and a stimulator. Drinking ginger tea both stimulates and soothes the digestive system. Ginger has been known to aid people experiencing nausea. Arthritic people have found ginger tea helpful since it has anti-inflammatory properties. Ginger is excellent for improving circulation, and is one of the best herbs for improving digestion, lung congestion, and arthritis and also good for nausea of any kind, from morning sickness to motion sickness and anything in between.
  6. Parsley: Parsley is a diuretic and helps with kidney function.
  7. Peppermint: Peppermint is good for stress relief. It also helps with stomachs and digestive issues and helps to freshen the breath. Peppermint tea is good to treat an upset stomach, especially when it’s combined with chamomile.
  8. Red Clover: Red Clover can used as a medicine for menopausal symptoms, cancer, mastitis, joint disorders, asthma,bronchitis, psoriasis and eczema. It is not recommended for children, pregnant or breastfeeding women.
  9. Rose hips: Rose hips are a natural source of vitamin C and bioflavonoids. They are a liver, kidney, and blood tonic, and are a good remedy for fatigue, colds, and cough. Red raspberry leaf tea is good for women who are pregnant or trying to conceive. It’s said to reduce labour pains. It tones the uterus and pelvic muscles, but does not stimulate contractions, so it won’t induce labor or miscarriage
  10. Astragalus: Astragalus tea is known to cure HIV and AIDS.
  11. Cardamom: Cardamom tea helps treat indigestion, prevents stomach pain, and relieves flatulence. It’s also helpful to drink a glass of cardamom tea if you are feeling nauseous. Cardamom tea fights pulmonary disease where lots of phlegm is present. It also works to relieve coughs. Drinking a cup of cardamom tea is helpful for women who experience mood swings during their menstrual period.
Old 09-25-2018, 02:36 AM
FitDay Member

I think it's very bad
Old 12-23-2018, 02:34 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Green Tea Is Linked to Many Health Benefits. Green tea is loaded with nutrients and plant compounds that can have positive health effects. This includes potent antioxidants called catechins, which may help protect against cancer. ... And drinking green tea may even help you lose weight.
Old 12-23-2018, 09:16 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by VitoVino
Prince of Peace green tea, my favorite brand, comes from China, so this brand is an option. As far as I know green tea comes from China but this is easily looked up by googling.

But it's a good point you made about not buying products from Japan because of the fallout!
I agree with you and recommend it
Old 01-10-2019, 05:56 AM
FitDay Member

I will try green tea tommorrow, already ordered in online shop
Old 04-04-2019, 09:37 PM
FitDay Member

Default drinking green tea for weight loss

According to a small study, green tea is effective in reducing participants' body fatdue to the tea's high amount of the antioxidant EGCG. Other studies have found similar results, where drinking green tea may aide your weight loss efforts when in combination with a healthy diet and exercise
Old 04-07-2019, 07:07 AM
FitDay Member

There are so many benefits so I started drinking it a long time ago and have carried on drinking it daily ever since.
Old 05-19-2019, 07:09 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by helveticat
I know this sounds like a stupid question, but do they mean calories or kilocalories? I just remember that thing that went round the internet about drinking iced water to lose weight a few years ago...

Back of an envelope: 70kcal per day would amount to ~25lb of fat per year (1lb of fat stores ~3500kcal), which seems way too much. 70 cal a day would be nothing (~0.12 oz of fat per year).

If you have a link to the study it'd be interesting to read it & see what they did & what they found.

I like this article.give a nice information about weight lose
Old 06-23-2019, 04:13 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by VitoVino
I just started drinking it. Making your own is easy and comes out great if you've got an iced tea maker. I drink mine straight up with no additives whatsoever and it tastes very good and is very refreshing.

I've been reading a lot about how it helps to burn belly fat. I really don't know what's taken me so long to start drinking this amazing leaf. One study says that it's better than drinking just plain water. Amazing.

Anybody drinking it for weight loss?
How has your tea drinking working out? Have you tried counting calories? It is basically the only proven thing to work

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.