Notices

Skipping Breakfast?

Old 08-22-2011, 04:20 AM
FitDay Member

Default Skipping Breakfast?

I don't know where to place this topic - but I have noticed the past week I wake up and can't bring myself to eat breakfast! I know it's important _not_ to skip breakfast, but what do I do? I feel like I'll get sick if I eat, but if I don't I'll sabotage my weight loss. I manage to get my calories in for the day, (probably because by the time I eat my body is in starvation mode?) Any ideas?
Old 08-22-2011, 05:11 AM
Super Moderator

I am not a breakfast person, either, but I do better losing weight when I do eat it. There are a number of studies that back that up, too, but I always say you can find anything to support any stance on the internet...

At any rate, I don't eat right away after waking up...about an hour, hour and a half, after I've had tea and gotten a bit more alert. Then I eat something small but as nutritionally dense as I can get it, like some almond butter on a piece of high fiber toast, a cup of Greek yogurt, or a bowl of Kashi GoLean (high protein and high fiber). Hope you figure out what will work for you!
Old 08-22-2011, 05:59 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Me too

I'm not a breakfast eater either.

Sometimes I will skip it altogether if I know that I will be having a wholesome lunch. But if the day is uncertain (as usual) then I do the same thing Cassie does. Wait an hour or so and then have smallish breakfast. Since I don't seem to fit it in anywhere else, I will often eat fruit in the morning. Hard boil eggs also work, especially if I have worked out.

One thing that I have had to force myself to do is limit the coffee first thing. It will often stifle my appetite even further, so a cup or 2 is it.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:06 AM
FitDay Member

Sorry I have nothing to offer, I can get right up out of bed and eat my way straight through the day, right up til the after dinner mints.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:52 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Sorry I have nothing to offer, I can get right up out of bed and eat my way straight through the day, right up til the after dinner mints.
Me too...that's right where my train wreck started yesterday.

My only thought is that maybe you are too hungry and that is why you feel sick. Maybe a light small snack close to bedtime would help?
Old 08-22-2011, 12:39 PM
FitDay Premium Member

I generally have a good breakfast, after a couple large cups of black coffee. I always have two eggs, some type of meat (2 strips of bacon, 3 oz. of beef, or brown&serve turkey sausage) and two slices of low cal whole wheat bread grilled w/real butter.

This does a good job of keeping me satisfied until my 10 am snack and noon time lunch. I burn carbs so fast that cereal or the like is out of the question.

Regards,
Michael
Old 08-22-2011, 04:21 PM
FitDay Member

I am the same. Can't eat breakfast either at home. However if I am at a Hotel and they a have continental breakfast or restaurant I go to town. Weird.
One thing I have been doing however is drinking a cup or two of low sodium Vegetable Juice. I think its a nice quick way to get some nutrients into the body in the morning.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:40 AM
FitDay Member

There is nothing magic about breakfast. As long as your calories and macros are in line the rest of the day and you feel fine without breakfast, skip it.

There are also studies that this does a body good. Research intermittent fasting.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:47 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for all the great advice everyone!
Old 08-28-2011, 08:03 AM
FitDay Member

Eat your breakfast, but do it after noon. Your body will detoxicate better and stay longer in fat burning modus...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.