Notices

The Healthy Community..continued

Old 03-12-2010, 01:37 AM
FitDay Member

Congratulations on losing a whole person! Way to go

Start looking at what you're going to do for maintenance, because you're nearly where you want to be. Keep logging on, seeing someone succeed is very encouraging to those of us coming up behind you.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:38 AM
FitDay Member

I to found the sandwich thins to be great. I started using red pepper hummus instead of mayo and lots of sliced fresh veggies. I can have an extra thick sandwich for less than 200 calories. I have been eating rice cakes for 20 yrs, the chocolate ones with a cup of coffee is dessert for me. Has anyone been to the hungrygirl site? I found a great sounding recipe for butternut squash fries there this morning. Can't wait to try them out this weekend. I'm new to this site, but I love it. Also love the walkjogbike mapping site for finding and calculating my routes.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:54 AM
FitDay Member

Hi gang, I am pleased to say I am down 2 lb this week and into new numbers - into the 230's now, and going down! Have lost 9 lbs since I started FitDay, and it feels great.

Have a great, on track weekend everyone!
Old 03-15-2010, 11:49 AM
FitDay Member

Hey people! I posted a little while back that I had fallen off the diet train, and had given myself permission to do so after 3 weeks with no weight loss whatsoever. This morning I decided to see how much damage I had done since quitting the "diet"...well imagine my surprise to see a 2.5 weight LOSS!!!! Shocked is an understatement! I had fully expected to show a GAIN!

I have to come to the conclusion that I was not eating enough! I must have thrown my body into starvation mode. So now what do I do? Do I carry on the way I am? Or start dieting again?

I have indulged in steak & caesar salad with corn on the cob, I have had a couple of hamburgers, I have eaten a couple of breakfasts with bacon and hashbrowns....but I have stayed away from pop, chips, candy, cookies, cakes, etc. Oh, I tell a fib, one day I did eat a peanut butter cup! I guess there is some truth in moderation with food. I have not felt deprived since I "quit" the diet, but I haven't gone too crazy with the junk food.

So what do you guys think? Should I start dieting again? Or should I continue what I am doing? I am down 13 pounds now since Jan 1....which is pretty weak, but at least it is a loss!
Old 03-15-2010, 11:59 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Kathie...

13 pounds is not weak by any stretch! Nothing to sneeze at there .

Hard to tell what might have been going on, but I think part of it may have been that you were so stressed about not losing that it affected your body (the stress hormone cortisol can supposedly lead to weight gain, so I wouldn't be surprised if it brought your loss to a halt). Restricting may have been part of it, too; who knows what your particular level is to stop the metabolism.

Only you know what will work for you...but I know you were driving yourself nuts with the carbs, calories, etc. Maybe relaxing it more is the key for you, while at the same time avoiding the big evils (saturated fats, too much refined sugar, etc.) and practicing moderation (I know, easier said than done).

I am really happy for you and glad to see you post again...the above is just my two cents, but I'm glad you gave yourself a break for a while .
Old 03-23-2010, 09:40 AM
FitDay Member

Default Where is everybody??

Hellooooooo...

Anybody out there?? Shell, Kathie, Cassie, & others, the Healthy Community was always really active. The main thread I used to touch base, get good advice, & sometimes vent.
Kathie I understand you needed some time off & that you've done really well with that so Congrats on doing what you needed to take care of yourself.
Hope all is well with everyone.
Stay strong.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator

Hey there! I am still alive; been hanging out in the Women's Corner mostly...but still plugging away and glad to keep in touch! How are you all doing?

I "sort of" reached my goal last Tuesday...but given that my body magically did not rearrange itself into ways that I felt were appealing (do you hear me, thighs?), I haven't changed my eating and exercise regimen yet...gonna give it 2 more weeks. I am thinking about getting serious about strength training as my next "project". We'll see!

Oh my...about the rice cakes...just discovered the blueberry Quaker crisps (the fancy kind...forget what they're called)...those are dangerous to keep around !

Hope everyone's doing well!
Old 03-24-2010, 12:57 AM
FitDay Member

Hello everyone,

I am here! Thought this thread died out, but glad to see people are still dropping in.

Doing alright, and staying on track most of the time. No loss this week, but hanging in there. Progress is frustratingly slow for me, seems like I have such a long way to go, it is daunting. But on the positive side I have incorporated some really positive lifestyle changes, care more now about what I eat and exercise nearly everyday. Feeling good, but still feel I could do more. I could push myself more.

Way to go Cassie for reaching your goal, that is awesome! I admire your dedication!!
Old 03-25-2010, 09:07 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hi Everybody

I was wondering what happened to everyone. I keep plugging away, slowly but surely I WILL get there. Finally reached the 160's at weigh in today. Only about 30 lbs more to go. Nice spring weather has me out gardening- can't wait to get my hands in the dirt and grow some tasty veggies.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:35 AM
FitDay Member

I'm doing well, just plugging away 159 even today, so down another half pound. Looking forward to 157, that will be halfway to goal weight for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.