FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Weight Loss Tips (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/)
-   -   The Healthy Community..continued (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/499-healthy-community-continued.html)

desertmountain 03-05-2010 07:11 AM

mandevil7 count me in on the walking challenge. I've just started exercising 6 days a week and want to start walking everyday but keep listening to my own excuses instead of just strapping on the shoes and pounding the trails or sidewalks. This will give me the motivation to just do it instead of putting it off. I'm in.

Shell250 03-05-2010 09:48 AM

Count me in on the walking challenge too! :)

I am down only 1 lb this week, but that is better than nothing I suppose. Slowly, but surely, I am going to do this. YES I AM.

Although I am not losing at the rate I had planned, I feel good, and really have changed how I eat!

Have a great weekend!

kathietaylor 03-05-2010 11:39 AM

Hey everybody! I have been off of fitday for a few days, if you noticed! LOL!!

I needed some time to regroup and take some pressure off of myself as I was getting VERY frustrated having lost nothing in 3 weeks. So I gave myself permission to just live for awhile and not obsess over food. Interestingly, I continued to eat healthy, I just didn't fret about measuring and weighing everything. I started a workout DVD, which I have done once so far!! LOL!!

I feel pretty good, I think I look pretty good too...but I have not stepped on a scale for a long time. I will "start" again when I feel I am ready. If I could lose the next 10 pounds when I restart, as fast as I lost the first 10 pounds I would be thrilled!! But it is doubtful. I am quite amazed how not seeing any results on the scale really brought me down.

The feeling I had was it was so not worth it! I was watching everything I ate, and being careful 95% (ok, maybe 90%) of the time and didn't drop even a pound in 3 weeks! I didn't exactly feel like a failure, but I did feel all the deprivation was not worth the zero progress I was seeing. Coming on here and see all the weight loss people were acheiving just made me feel depressed.

I am hoping the longer days, and finally seeing some sunshine will motivate me...soon I can get outside and walk with the dogs.

I am happy to see you all doing well, I really am...it was just hard to watch when I was not seeing results myself.

cjohnson728 03-05-2010 12:34 PM

Hi Kathie!!!

I am so glad you popped in. I have been thinking about you :)

I totally understand where you are coming from and know that you will do what's best for you. Just take care of yourself, be healthy, and the rest will come in time.

Let us know if we can help!

mandevil7 03-06-2010 03:16 AM

Walking Challenge Plan

OK, here is the plan. I've never started a thread so not sure this will work. I will start a new thread, then every day that you walk leave a msg saying how far or how many minutes. I will keep track and post it once per week. First post will be next Saturday. Good Luck eveyone!!

Shell250 03-08-2010 07:01 AM

Hi Mary, Thanks for starting the walking challenge..it is motivating me!! Making sure I get my walking in everyday. :)

Shell250 03-09-2010 03:27 PM

Found this recipe, and thought I'd share. I can't eat Splenda, so used regular sugar and it worked fine.

High Protein Banana Muffins

2 cups egg whites
1 whole egg
1-1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup Splenda (or 1 cup sugar)
1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese
1 mashed banana
3 scoops protein powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350. Blend all ingredients in blender. Use muffin liners. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.

Nutrition facts per serving:
Calories: 120
Protein: 13.5 g
Fat: 1.4 g
Carbs: 12.4 g

mandevil7 03-10-2010 02:34 AM

Weight Watcher Muffins

Here's a weight watcher muffin recipe I've used for many years.

1 smashed banana
2 cups total cereal
1/2 cup grape nuts cereal
3/4 cup dried milk powder
1 cup applesauce
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
chopped fresh or dried fruit (apples, cranberries, blueberries, etc)

Mix all together and let set a few minutes while oven pre-heats to 400
Bake for 20 minutes. You can make larger muffins (6) or smaller ones (12).

These don't rise too much, but they are moist and no added sugar. The cereal is vitamin fortified plus the milk powder make these higher in protein than many muffins.

If you're doing the ww point system and make the smaller ones 3=1 point.

I've been struggling this week. Bought one of those roasted chickens at the grocery store, came home and ate all the skin immediately, then both legs and both thighs- a very high fat meal. Does anyone know how many calories in chicken skin?:mad:

Shell250 03-11-2010 02:59 AM

Thanks for the recipe Mary, I'll try that one too! Trying to mix things up with my cooking. New foods keep me motivated, and I tend to eat less when I experiment with different recipes.

I have not stepped on the scale this week at all. Been on track with food for the most part, getting exercise everyday, enough water - and I notice how good I feel! Did have microwave popcorn a couple evenings...and I am really trying to avoid it because of all the chemicals. No more left in the cupboard now, so I will not buy it again. It is key for me to keep foods I want to avoid completely out of the house. I know this, and am being mindful of this when I shop.

Sorry you are having a tough week Mary! Don't beat yourself up for the chicken skin incident, a new day and a new start. Not the end of the world. :)

Have a great day!

showmenow 03-12-2010 01:31 AM

Hi everyone! I haven't had a chance to check in for a couple of weeks. I have been busy trying to get a new line of spring girls dresses made - Bumblebees and Bonnets by Bumblebeesandbonnets on Etsy

I have sewn my fingers to the bone and haven't had time to do anything else LOL! It is good to see everyone is still around and still doing great. I had a big accomplishment this morning and of course no one is home to tell it to. I am now at 173 and am officially half the person I was when I started my weight loss. It only took me 1 year, 2 months and 12 days to get there. Now if only I can lose the last 13 pounds to get to my final goal of 160. I am hoping the warmer days of spring are just around the corner and I will be able to get outside and start my garden. That should work off a few pounds!

Deanna