FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Weight Loss Tips (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/)
-   -   More water = less fat? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/4839-more-water-%3D-less-fat.html)

VitoVino 12-10-2011 02:51 PM

Meggie, I call soda "liquid death in a can". It doesn't matter if it's "diet" or not, the stuff is still deadly in many ways.

LMB2011 12-12-2011 04:35 AM

:) water...what to drink while at the movies
 
:confused: Movie Theatures should offer bottled water, that would be so cool. My question is what does one drink while enjoying the movie with a small bag of popcorn?

Absentha 03-05-2012 05:35 PM

I agree water is essential for losing weight, but you need to be careful, I ended up drinking twice the recommended amount and my body water percentage decreased (so the weight I was losing was mostly water)and I started feeling cold all the time. A nutrition expert told me to cut my water intake to half of it and I got back to normal and kept losing weight. Apparently, if you drink too much water, the body rejects the water it's already got, which makes you lose minerals and other important stuff.

beccafries 03-12-2012 05:58 PM

wow...really


Originally Posted by Absentha (Post 75087)
I agree water is essential for losing weight, but you need to be careful, I ended up drinking twice the recommended amount and my body water percentage decreased (so the weight I was losing was mostly water)and I started feeling cold all the time. A nutrition expert told me to cut my water intake to half of it and I got back to normal and kept losing weight. Apparently, if you drink too much water, the body rejects the water it's already got, which makes you lose minerals and other important stuff.


Freshman30 03-25-2012 02:33 PM

Drinking a lot of water does help. I'm also a fan of Crystal Light- benefits of water, with a sweet taste.

Another thing that helps me is Green Tea. I like to drink some before a meal because it makes me feel full so I'll eat less. Or drink it after a well-controlled meal and it will make you feel like it's Thanksgiving.

Tutsbear 03-25-2012 11:23 PM


Originally Posted by LMB2011 (Post 64781)
:confused: Movie Theatures should offer bottled water, that would be so cool. My question is what does one drink while enjoying the movie with a small bag of popcorn?

Where I live all of the movie theaters have bottled water. You can just ask for water from them too and it will come in a soda cup but it's from the tap. Where I live the tap water is supposedly very good (at least according to all of my Chemistry and Biochemistry teachers). But I still use filtered water for myself and my pets.


Originally Posted by Absentha (Post 75087)
I agree water is essential for losing weight, but you need to be careful, I ended up drinking twice the recommended amount and my body water percentage decreased (so the weight I was losing was mostly water)and I started feeling cold all the time. A nutrition expert told me to cut my water intake to half of it and I got back to normal and kept losing weight. Apparently, if you drink too much water, the body rejects the water it's already got, which makes you lose minerals and other important stuff.

That is really interesting but makes sense, it's called water intoxication. That's why a lot of hazing has been banned because it literally caused several individuals to die or become very ill. For an interesting read you can look up "hold your pee for the wii", that was an instance where an individual drank too much water in a short amount of time and actually died. I believe (as was mentioned before on this thread) that you are supposed to drink half of your weight in ounces of water. I usually try to drink about a gallon of water a day and if I don't I won't lose weight that day. It is VERY hard for me to drink a lot of water because as a child this was not important to my parents. It's not that we had soda, they just didn't monitor if we were drinking or not.


Originally Posted by Freshman30 (Post 77209)
Drinking a lot of water does help. I'm also a fan of Crystal Light- benefits of water, with a sweet taste.

Another thing that helps me is Green Tea. I like to drink some before a meal because it makes me feel full so I'll eat less. Or drink it after a well-controlled meal and it will make you feel like it's Thanksgiving.

I don't care for crystal light because it has aspartame in it. But I do drink a lot of green tea. Green tea is supposed to be an appetite suppressant, and it seems to work as long as a drink a lot of it.
The easiest way for me to drink a lot of water is to fill my coffee pot up with tea and make it a goal to drink at least 1.5 of the pots a day. I literally pee every 20 minutes which is annoying...:(

beccafries 03-26-2012 06:20 PM

so the rule is half of your wt......so u weigh 200lbs u suppose to only drink 100lbs

TrainersRoom 04-11-2012 09:53 AM

I agree with you, really water is very important to keep you healthy and fit. Your tips is very good. water is also helps to lose weight.

meetscottewart01 05-03-2012 04:30 AM

well, yeah..
drinking a lot of water helps you lose weight..
i drink shakes and drink 1 glass of water every morning before eating anything. :)

JaimeMWS 08-31-2012 04:31 PM

I think water needs also change with exercise. My rowing coach says we should be drinking an ounce per lb. of body weight, at least on days we row or do other vigorous exercise. I haven't managed that yet, but working on it.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:49 PM.


Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.