Columbus Day Lose 10% of Your Body Weight Challenge

Community
Notices

Columbus Day Lose 10% of Your Body Weight Challenge

Old 08-09-2011, 08:51 AM
FitDay Member

Default Columbus Day Challenge

You guys have inspired me. I am in.

I have been a FitDay user for quite some time. It has helped me maintain but I am at a plateau. This challenge (and your help) is going to get me off the plateau.

Getting started late but I am shooting for a realistic goal (I think)

Regards,

Don

Age 54
5' 11"
8-9-11 202lbs
BMI 28
Columbus day Goal - 191 lbs
Old 08-10-2011, 02:14 AM
FitDay Member

As predicted - 4lb off in a couple of days.
So, 10lb to go.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:51 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Checking in early this week as we're leaving on a motorcyle trip to the coast for the weekend--having a bunch of fun on the Harley, that's for sure!

Anywho, another 1.5 lbs. down this week for an even 214 or 5.5% since the Challenge start. I expect the losses to increase once I get back to work next week and back on my daily exercise routine. It's been a great summer and I've had lot's of fun but I am really looking forward to getting down under 200 (never to return).

Stay safe and healthy, everyone!

Regards,
Michael
Old 08-12-2011, 12:34 AM
FitDay Member

Default Me too...

Hi... I am new here...and a challenge seems to be the way to start...

I am struggling like everyone else...

Starting weight 219
Currant weight 204.2
Goal weight 120...

10% would be 20 lbs soooo Oct 10 goal is 184.2 (((smiles)))
Old 08-13-2011, 11:24 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by radiantrainbow
Hi... I am new here...and a challenge seems to be the way to start...

I am struggling like everyone else...

Starting weight 219
Currant weight 204.2
Goal weight 120...

10% would be 20 lbs soooo Oct 10 goal is 184.2 (((smiles)))
Welcome! Go ahead and post your info in the Challenge Check-in thread (copy and paste the last post into a new one, then add your info to the list in alpha-order).

Regards,
Michael
Old 08-15-2011, 01:44 AM
FitDay Member

Default A couple of Milestones hit

This morning's weigh-in put me at over 10% gone since the start of this challenge. It also takes me out of the obese category, I am now just overweight.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:38 AM
FitDay Member

This morning put me at 286.2 which is 2% lost for the challenge (5.8lbs). I hit a plateau hard for almost a month but I am back in the game now. I lost 2.2 lbs this last week reaching me to a total of 45lbs GONE since February.

Congrats to all on the losses! And keep up the hard work!

Last edited by wildbeanerz; 08-15-2011 at 04:56 AM.
Old 08-15-2011, 04:28 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by DancinBear2
This morning's weigh-in put me at over 10% gone since the start of this challenge. It also takes me out of the obese category, I am now just overweight.
Mark, you're doing amazing well--good for you, and congrats for making it into "over weight"! I admit I've been having too much fun to lose that quickly, but am back to work now and I do much better with a strict daily routine. Hold the door open for me when you hit 199!

Regards,
Michael
Old 08-18-2011, 06:53 PM
FitDay Member

Down another pound this week. That's 5 since restarting.

My brother-in-law started this time with me and we had a bet. First one to lose half a stone wins a bottle of genuine handmade Kentucky bourbon. I've just got 2 pounds to go before I get to taste that sweeeeeet Maker's Mark.
Old 08-22-2011, 02:07 AM
FitDay Member

Michael,
Thanks. If I get there first I will gladly hold the door for you. I won't have to hold it too wide you wide.

Geoffers,
Good job on the losses and good luck on your bet, the nice thing about challenges like that are that no matter who comes in first you are both winners for having lost.

No change in weight for me this week. I am okay with the scale not moving, after having 6 weeks of big losses I am sure my body needs a chance to adjust.

What I am however having problems with is staying in control of my snacking. Lately in the evening I am wanting to constantly eat even when I am not really hungry. I have been drinking a ton of water, and I have been making mostly healthy choices, fruits, almonds, low-fat yogurt etc. but I need to find some way to get my mind off of food.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.