Notices

Columbus Day Lose 10% of Your Body Weight Challenge

Old 07-12-2011, 05:16 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by lee201255
Sweet this works out to a nice round number for me

I weighed in at 222 today so 10% is 22lbs putting me right at 200lbs
Cool beans! Glad to have another "loser" aboard.

We're pretty much shooting for the same 10/10 goal (I'd REALLY like to see 199), so let's git-r-done!

Regards,
Michael
Old 07-12-2011, 12:07 PM
FitDay Member

I am in, just a little late! I am at 232 today, so that would put me at 209.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:35 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Guys,

I'm back; well actually I never left. I kept reading the posts but did not update everyone on my own struggles. I've been battling myself for weeks. I have put my extreme effort forth with watching what I eat and working out- it seems to not even budge the scale (if not go UP).

Today I feel like breaking down- weighed in at 196. I just don't understand. I've been eating around 1,300 calories (logging pretty much every last thing!) and workings out for 50 minutes- hills, running, elliptical etc.. (4-5 days a week).

What is wrong with me? What can I do differently? Why can't I get out of this slump?

Right now the scale is my worst enemy!!
Old 07-13-2011, 11:38 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by kcolville
Hey Guys,

I'm back; well actually I never left. I kept reading the posts but did not update everyone on my own struggles. I've been battling myself for weeks. I have put my extreme effort forth with watching what I eat and working out- it seems to not even budge the scale (if not go UP).

Today I feel like breaking down- weighed in at 196. I just don't understand. I've been eating around 1,300 calories (logging pretty much every last thing!) and workings out for 50 minutes- hills, running, elliptical etc.. (4-5 days a week).

What is wrong with me? What can I do differently? Why can't I get out of this slump?

Right now the scale is my worst enemy!!
Kaitlin, I was just thinking we'd not heard from you for a while. Sounds like you're doing everything right. Didn't you have a similar plateau a while back?

Have you tried changing your calorie ratios or foods? I think sometimes our bodies just adapt to what we're doing and we need to change things up a bit once in a while. Perhaps even (horrors!) try upping the cals a bit (some more protein, perhaps)? Suprisingly, I've been losing as fast or faster eating (on average) a few more cals.

Just some thoughts.

Regards,
Michael
Old 07-13-2011, 11:46 PM
FitDay Premium Member

An early check-in. Down another couple of pounds. I will admit I've not been doing any "exercise" per se, but have been very active outside working on stuff around the house, garage, and our new egg producing endeavour. This level of activity seems to be keeping my calorie burn at an acceptable level.

Attending the ABS Hammer-in Fri, Sat and Sunday--should be a good workout. A few hours a day in front of a forge banging on hot steel (1084 high carbon, for anyone who cares ) with a 3 lb. hammer in the July heat will burn some cals!

Keep up the good work, everyone.

Regards,
Michael
Old 07-14-2011, 12:31 AM
FitDay Member

Checking in early because tomorrow's the full moon. Losing slow but losing. I'm looking at doing a pineapple fast for 2 days next week just to detox and maybe shake up my system. Have to feed family this weekend - off to buy some healthy food for them. Mary
Old 07-14-2011, 12:33 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
Kaitlin, I was just thinking we'd not heard from you for a while. Sounds like you're doing everything right. Didn't you have a similar plateau a while back?

Have you tried changing your calorie ratios or foods? I think sometimes our bodies just adapt to what we're doing and we need to change things up a bit once in a while. Perhaps even (horrors!) try upping the cals a bit (some more protein, perhaps)? Suprisingly, I've been losing as fast or faster eating (on average) a few more cals.

Just some thoughts.

Regards,
Michael

Michael, My calorie intake is about 1,300- and i may try upping it to 1,500. I'm at 193.6 this morning which was a nice sight to see. Hopefully i'll be at 193 after this weekend
Old 07-21-2011, 10:32 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Another week down--how's everyone doing?

My scale has been pretty cooperative lately, which is nice. Down another four pounds this week for a total of 9.5 so far. 199 is coming fast!

Have a great week!

Regards,
Michael
Old 07-22-2011, 01:47 AM
FitDay Member

My scale has also been cooperating lately. I weighed myself on the Friday Morning berfore I started my holidays I was at 227, when I returned on Monday (10 days later) I weighed in at 220, down 7 pounds.

Michael,
As a friendly challenge, let's see who gets to 199 first.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:55 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by DancinBear2
My scale has also been cooperating lately. I weighed myself on the Friday Morning berfore I started my holidays I was at 227, when I returned on Monday (10 days later) I weighed in at 220, down 7 pounds.

Michael,
As a friendly challenge, let's see who gets to 199 first.
Great job, Matt! And I accept the challenge. I'm figuring early to mid September if I continue to lose at my current pace. Whichever one of us gets there first will hold the door open for the other.

Regards,
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.