FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Weight Loss Tips (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/)
-   -   Columbus Day Lose 10% of Your Body Weight Challenge (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/4629-columbus-day-lose-10%25-your-body-weight-challenge.html)

Kumochi 10-04-2011 12:15 AM

Thanks Michael. The challanges here definately help me. I'm also in a 10 pound one by Dec 1st with money at stake ($20.00 each plus bragging rights) I'm hoping to make that one. Mary

mecompco 10-10-2011 12:09 AM

Congratulations!

Congrats to all who stayed the course! To those who dropped out along the way, come on back and get into the New Year's challenge--it's OK to take a break, but quitting is not an option (or at least not a very good one!).

I'd like to get down to 179 by New Years but I'll have to really buckle down. The cals have snuck up considerably and that's not going to cut it to lose 20 pounds in 10 weeks!

Regards,
Michael

bojibridge 10-10-2011 12:21 AM

Great challenge, that was fun! :D I ended up 2.8 lbs away from my goal - I'm happy with that! Looking forward to the next one, and really looking forward to the results.

taubele 10-10-2011 02:34 AM

Well, I ended up with an 8% loss instead of a 10% loss -- also 2.8 away from my goal! I can't really be upset about it, though, since it was still a loss in the right direction (AND I took about a month "off" needing a mental break from the weight loss and to get my head in order). Happily will be joining in the New Year's challenge for sure! Great job everyone!

wildbeanerz 10-10-2011 05:32 AM

So I didn't really drop out although I did stop updating the thread. All in all, I needed to lose 29 lbs to meet the challenge but lost 12.2 instead. That is 4%. Do I feel bad for not making it? Maybe a little but hey...it's still 12.2lbs off of me! That I can't feel bad about! I am going to put in for the next challenge and hope to do better. But any weight lost is a step in the better direction for me!!

DancinBear2 10-12-2011 01:34 AM

This challenge started out great for me, I lost 14 percent, most of it in the first 2 months, the last month I basically stayed at the same weight.

Congratulations to all of those that lost weight on this challenge! Now on to the next one.

mecompco 10-12-2011 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by DancinBear2 (Post 59296)
This challenge started out great for me, I lost 14 percent, most of it in the first 2 months, the last month I basically stayed at the same weight.

Congratulations to all of those that lost weight on this challenge! Now on to the next one.

Mark, you done good! I've been treading water myself, right around the 199 mark or a pound or two higher. I'm getting my cal average back down around 1600 or so where it needs to be for me to lose consistently--it had crept up to 2000 or so, more upon occasion and I can't lose at that level.

I'd like to see 175 myself by the end of the year. The last time I was 175 was when I was 20 or so and had lost over 100 pounds. My ultimate goal is to see 169 which is the high for being "normal". I've not been that light since grade school.

Regards,
Michael

DancinBear2 10-12-2011 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by mecompco (Post 59300)
I'd like to see 175 myself by the end of the year.

We can do this.