Notices

Not losing any weight with diet and exercise! Help!?

Old 07-29-2011, 06:39 AM
FitDay Member

Just a suggestion, but look at where those 800-1200 calories a day are coming from. 800 calories a day seems pretty low. Check your weight range for your age and height. Your gym may have a fancy scale that gives that information, or you can find it on the web. Also, if you're working out five days a week for an hour-and-a-half, depending on what you're doing, you may want to work with a trainer to get the most impact. Good luck - it's good to read about your motivation to live a healthy lifestyle.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:52 PM
FitDay Member

Default loose unwanted fat

I just want to make one thing clear that diet doesn’t means to make away from food but diet means to have a food in a good routine basis to have a good diet and to loose unwanted fat is to eat green vegetables and fruits on a daily routine basis. Also a daily routine exercise makes a body in a good tone.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:57 AM
FitDay Member

Smile

Originally Posted by stotalhealth
Make sure that you don't underestimate you calorie intake..Where the calories come from isn't important when it comes to calorie counting. A calorie is largely a calorie, and it makes no difference if your 1200 calories come from chocolate, or garden-grown salad leaves that were watered with organic spring water.
Healthy food (there is no such thing as 'real food'), or if you want to call it that, 'clean food' is certainly healthier for you, and will have a positive impact on your wellbeing, but in the scheme of losing weight and controlling calories, it makes no difference whatsoever..
hope it would help out..
thanks..
please do not spam our site.

You are so right! A calorie is a calorie and they all add up to be a pound if eaten in excess. We must concentrate on being healthy and not just about losing weight. Its a delicate balance, but it sounds as though we are all on the right track and we will make it with such great support people. Thank you!
Old 08-31-2011, 12:19 AM
FitDay Member

Yes it is true to have healthy diet. It does not matter that how much times you are skipping your meal. But the thing is that how much healthy meal you are taking. Stop eating junk food and drink water at least 15 to 20 glasses a day even more if you can. Wake up early in the morning and have exercises. always have your meal on time.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:37 PM
FitDay Member

MDRL so far every response that you have received has been applicable to your situation, especially the post by Evaner.

If I could talk to you personally, my first question would be about the intensity of your workouts.

My scale hasnt moved now in weeks, but I am putting on muscle and dropping fat like crazy, and I EAT CONSTANTLY. I am eating now!!

But, I had been wearing a 36 pant. The other day, I decided that they were too baggy so I dug out some other pants.

I put on a pair that I think a friend left here.

I thought that they were 34, but there was still room in them, then today I took them off and looked at the size and they were only a 33!

I dont even remember the last time I was 32, but I am heading there.

With me, though I am in little different scenario.

I really hit the gym hard, really hard, Plus, last night I walked for an hour, today I did 1/2 hour cardio at around 70 to 75 percent of my max heart rate.

People don't realize the importance of calories, and depending on your work out intensity, you may not be getting enough.

BUT, every single person on here has a different body type, and agenda and we all react to certain foods and methods of exercise differently.

This isn't really exact, this dieting, but the basic principles apply to everyone.

More than likely you base rate is probably 1200 calories, and that means if you were just laying there breathing.

Whatever you do, don't starve yourself, it work in reverse.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:30 AM
FitDay Member

Default Why can't I set a weight goal higher than my current weight?

Why can't I set a weight goal higher than my current weight?
Old 09-04-2011, 11:39 AM
FitDay Premium Member

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...t-read-me.html
Old 07-27-2012, 05:00 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mdrl
I've been exercising and dieting, and the first two weeks I lost 6 pounds, but then I've been stuck. It's really frustrating ...it makes me want to give

Starting weight was 164
Now 157
Height 5"5
Female, 18 years old

I work for 1.5 hours a day and go 5 times a week, and I ride my bike to the gym and back home which is 1.5 miles away so its 15-20 minute ride

I usually eat 800-1200 calories a day
I guess you have to loosen up a bit. Maybe there's nothing wrong with your exercise routine but there is with your other activities. Might be you're too stressed on other things then you do exercise. Stress is one contributor of getting no good results in something you want to achieve. I had the same experience when I studied internal medicine for a few years. I got back in losing weight fast after I got through with my studies.