FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Weight Loss Tips (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/)
-   -   Get the Jumper Cables...I Need a Kickstart! (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/450-get-jumper-cables-i-need-kickstart.html)

Buggiediva 02-19-2010 04:47 AM

Get the Jumper Cables...I Need a Kickstart!

I need to find a new way to motivate myself. My old ways just aren't working for me. I'm looking for new way to get out of this lazy rut and get energized to workout. I am no stranger to a hard workout, but lately I'm just so turned off by it. I'm currently 165 and looking to be 145 by Memorial Day weekend. Any ideas? Tell me what's worked for you. I love to hear success stories!

Thanks a bunch! :)

gallusgal 02-19-2010 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Buggiediva (Post 3816)
I need to find a new way to motivate myself. My old ways just aren't working for me. I'm looking for new way to get out of this lazy rut and get energized to workout. I am no stranger to a hard workout, but lately I'm just so turned off by it. I'm currently 165 and looking to be 145 by Memorial Day weekend. Any ideas? Tell me what's worked for you. I love to hear success stories!

Thanks a bunch! :)

Hi and welcome diva :)

It's hard to say without knowing what motivated you in the first place and what your diet ands excercise was like. Maybe if you have lost motivation you could try changing some things about your food and your exercise regime? Have you been pushing too hard and sickened yourself or are you just bored? It's all very well being dedicated to a good workout, but if it bores you then maybe it is time to look for an alternative?

Either way, these forums are excellent for ideas and inspiration, just keep at it and have a look in all of the other threads. Good luck :)

Buggiediva 02-20-2010 05:30 AM

Hi there,

Well my moitivation came from being fed up and wanting to want to be healthier. I was 195lbs around 3 years ago and was sick of going to the store and not finding anything to wear. It also helped that my brother was getting married and I was asked to be in the bridal party. Wearing canary yellow just did not do it for me considering I was going to look like the sun dropped out of the sky in that color. So I worked out hard and dropped 40lbs. I've kept most of the weight off but I need to get motivated to hit my new goal (145 by Memorial Day).

My fitness regime consist of running, kettle bells, jumping rope and some light weights. I'm bored to tears! The treadmill has turned into my worst enemy. I can't watch another kettle workout video. I don't know what to do.

My eating habits are healthy. I have willpower there. I just need a kick start to get back into the gym. What do you recommend?

monnikjuh 02-20-2010 05:34 AM

Hi ,

I 'am doing Atkins and i lost 11 pound in two weeks time without work outs i only just go for a 30 mintus walk somethime's . From monday i go everyday because i want to lose more . So maybe is that something .
Some dieet who look at Atkins are South beach and fijnlijntje ( but that is something from the Netherlands )

cjohnson728 02-20-2010 06:10 AM

Hi Buggiediva,

Getting rid of the boredom is the key. If you don't like it, you won't do it. Are there any sports that you like that you could do a couple days a week? How about taking a class...a few folks have mentioned samba, or martial arts?

I feel your pain with the treadmill. I play tennis 2-3 times a week but the weather has been so bad that I have to replace that time on the 'mill. Having good music really gets me into it, so I treat myself to music downloads and create playlists to get me through it. Once the music starts going I get more and more into it and the time goes by okay.

suefee 02-21-2010 04:33 AM

I would get "body for life"... book ..good for starting up with a good solid diet and weight lifting program and I recently started the Insanity tapes... very hard workout for cardio. I'm currently at a bit of a plateau would like to lose about 5 more pounds.. but using body for life I'm in a bikini after two kids.

Buggiediva 02-21-2010 09:40 AM

Wow! That's amazing. I will look into reading that book. I will take any advice I can get. Kudos on your success!

creekleaf 02-23-2010 01:01 PM

checking to see if I can post, tried twice already, didn't work

creekleaf 02-23-2010 01:15 PM

Try an unconventional "mind game." About a month from now, around the 18th, you just had a fab work out. On your way home you run by the grocery store and your basket contains a rainbow of colors. Lots of different fruits and vegetables. Your abs are sore, you may need to lighten up on your work out tomorrow. You feel happy, strong, tight, lean, and in control. You reach for a fresh loaf of whole wheat bread and BAM you are face to face with the the smuggest female that you know. It's a great day! Yeah!