FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Weight Loss Tips (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/)
-   -   So, my bday is Saturday and.... (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/4138-so-my-bday-saturday.html)

Skiboy1 04-27-2011 06:34 AM

Toss out the word cheat and that whole damn concept! You can't cheat, you have a lifestyle change going, a change to be better, healthier and happier with yourself. Life happens, happen with it. Then start right back up on your healthy life style. There is no cheat.

I have had a couple of well meaning friends say something like "you can't have this desert on your diet, would you like something else?". I always reply "I don't know who told you I am on a diet but they are a damn lier because I am not on I diet and never will be. I would love a small piece of that, and please never use that curse word diet in my presence again."

No diets, no cheating, easy empowering idea! Try it.

ZoeDuc 04-27-2011 06:47 AM

Skiboy1 ~ You're absolutely right! Those are words to live by.

Thank you!

vsabino 04-27-2011 07:54 AM

Yeah in an ideal world. And if it was so easy we wouldn't be overweight to begin with ;-)

mecompco 04-27-2011 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Skiboy1 (Post 44888)
Toss out the word cheat and that whole damn concept! You can't cheat, you have a lifestyle change going, a change to be better, healthier and happier with yourself. Life happens, happen with it. Then start right back up on your healthy life style. There is no cheat.

I have had a couple of well meaning friends say something like "you can't have this desert on your diet, would you like something else?". I always reply "I don't know who told you I am on a diet but they are a damn lier because I am not on I diet and never will be. I would love a small piece of that, and please never use that curse word diet in my presence again."

No diets, no cheating, easy empowering idea! Try it.

I agree 100%. I never "cheat", but I do take a "day off" from following my normal eating guidelines. I had 4,000 calories one day last week at camp. It was not "cheating". I logged it and got right back to normal. Now, you can't do this all the time and expect to lose weight but varying your calorie intake once in a while is fine.

I, too, don't use the word "diet" as it connotes something that will, at some point, end. A lifestyle doesn't end--it may get adjusted or changed but it doesn't end.

Now, there are some things that I avoid, by choice, even on a day off such as pastries, desserts, baked goods and so forth. Simply because I choose to knowing that I have a particular weakness for this sort of thing--with due regards to Clint Eastwood, a man's gotta know his limitations.

Regards,
Michael

ZoeDuc 04-27-2011 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by mecompco (Post 44917)
I agree 100%. I never "cheat", but I do take a "day off" from following my normal eating guidelines. I had 4,000 calories one day last week at camp. It was not "cheating". I logged it and got right back to normal. Now, you can't do this all the time and expect to lose weight but varying your calorie intake once in a while is fine.

I, too, don't use the word "diet" as it connotes something that will, at some point, end. A lifestyle doesn't end--it may get adjusted or changed but it doesn't end.

Now, there are some things that I avoid, by choice, even on a day off such as pastries, desserts, baked goods and so forth. Simply because I choose to knowing that I have a particular weakness for this sort of thing--with due regards to Clint Eastwood, a man's gotta know his limitations.

Regards,
Michael

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2.../thumbup-1.jpg

Skiboy1 05-01-2011 08:15 AM

I hope you had a

Very Happy Birthday!!!!

Now back to your "real" lifestyle! ;)

rmdaly 05-01-2011 10:43 AM

Do you want to go to Cheesecake Factory? It is your birthday, you should choose, not your family.

The last time I was there, they had a page of "small plates", which considering their serving sizes were actually good normal size things. Maybe you could get something on that page so you can also enjoy cheesecase.

ZoeDuc 05-01-2011 11:24 AM

Hey guys,

Well we went to Dukes Restaurant, (in downtown Huntington Beach). Had a great birthday. Thank you for the wishes!

What I had during the morning and afternoon while I was at work:
(I was planning on being better at dinner than I did, otherwise I wouldn't have eaten well during the day.) lol

Strawberries
2 oranges
1 green apple
2 string cheese light
carrots

DUKES:
2 Tropical Itches :eek: Soooo good, memories of Hawaii!
nachos (shared with family)
macadamia nut crusted halibut, ate 1/2 - 3/4 of the filet
garlic mashed potatoes 1/2 c
roasted asparagus 4 or 5
3/4 bread roll w/ butter

Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory (near the restaurant):

1 white choc dipped oreo
1 Large peanut butter cup

Tummy was a little upset.

The 'real' food didn't taste as good as I thought it would! Kinda weird.
The chocolate was good though!

This morning I wasn't going to weigh myself, but I did and I lost .5#!! Couldn't believe it. Yay! I was going to be happy just staying the same.

Back on today. It was fun being a little bad.

Thanks everyone for the support!!! :)

RunbikeSki 05-01-2011 12:57 PM

Yeah! Well done!

Hi Zoe,
You made some perfectly appropriate choices given the importance of the day.
:D
It is interesting how our tastes change when we start being careful about what we put in our body. As a rule I love pasta and pretty much any kind of sauce you might put on it. But these days pasta dishes from regular sit down restaurants just doesn't taste as good as when I make it myself, or when I get treated to a fancy restaurant where everything is freshly prepared. Too fatty, or too much highly processed stuff, or something else I just can't identify.