Notices

How much are you going to lose?

Old 01-19-2010, 04:51 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by tjlevins
I am nearly a 40 year old woman. I currently weigh 185 and hope to get down to 140 by the end of summer. I am a teacher and my struggle times are when students are snacking. Today, I brought baby carrots. It was good, but I have to come up with something a bit more exciting if I am going to stick to it. Any good snack ideas?

We are the same age! Where are you located?

I actually like puffed rice cakes. They can be purchased pre-sweetened with different flavors, and they are crunchy. You could add peanut butter or some other spreadable too, and maybe banana slices, though I just eat mine plain, which is boring.

Fruit is also a good snack. It's not filling for me, but quenches that sweet tooth.

Sugar free pudding cups, raisins, LUNA bars are more ideas.

I have a co-worker who has a candy bowl on his desk, it always has chocolate or some sweets in it. I used to salivate when I saw it, thinking that "it would be good" to have some candy. Now, I see that there's nothing good in there for me. Not because I dislike the taste, but because of the empty calories and lack of nutritional benefit. It's a frame of mind to eat healthy, and not concern yourself with others who are making poor nutritional choices. Know that you are doing the right thing!
Old 01-19-2010, 05:17 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Pervan
I am a 51 year old woman almost 6' tall. The low end of my healthy weight range says 132.5 I think I weighted that when I was 12! Does anyone else think their healthy range stats seem kind of low?
I'm 167 this AM, so I'd still need to loose another 34.5
Pervan-
I am an (almost) 46 year old woman, between 5'9" and 5'10" and I think my low range is way too low also. I just started, again, and am 189 lbs. My ultimate goal is to reach 145 by the end of July, but I may be happy at 155. I will re-evaluate when I get there. The low end of my healthy range says 124 I think! I haven't weighed that since I was 20, and I was almost anorexic! My ribs and hip bones were very prominent, and people thought I was sick or using drugs! I think different people have different weight distribution. I wear a size 11 shoe, so my skeleton is not small. And, even at my thinnest, looking too thin, I never got below a size 6 (which some people consider to be an ideal size). I would love to be a size 10 again! I suppose that is my goal more than the scale number.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:15 AM
FitDay Member

I am only 5'4 and weigh about 210lbs. My Goal is to weigh 140lbs by September 1st.

We will see how well I do that. That gives me almost 9 months to lose 70 lbs. That's less then 10 pounds a month.

Hopefully I can do this.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:31 AM
FitDay Member

This is my first day here. I am 20 years old, 5'3'' and weigh 138lbs and wanting to lose 23lbs. I gained 26lbs after having my 1st baby and is planning to have our second baby. I want to get fit before I gain more weight after the 2nd and 3rd baby.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:38 AM
FitDay Member

Hi I have just found this food diary. Im not overweight, technically healthy but out of shape and looking to lose the extra half stone i put on over xmas!
Old 01-24-2010, 10:06 AM
FitDay Member

I'm5'3" and 23 years old.
I'm currently 155 lbs., and I WILL be 135
So I WILL lose 20 lbs.
Good Luck to everyone on reaching their goals...it will be so worth it in the end!
Old 01-24-2010, 02:07 PM
FitDay Member

Talking 20 to 30 lbs would be nice!

I am new on here so I will tell you a bit about myself. I am so sick of being over weight that I've got to that point where I'm freaking out about it! I came up with my own diet called An average guy's 90 day freak out diet and I have started a blog and twitter account to keep myself honest and track all my food intake while sharing my progress along the way. I am about 206 right now and I want to get down to my fighting weight of 185. I'm basically changing everything about the way I eat and what I eat and I don't know a thing about it. The one thing I do know about is gaining weight, that part is easy! Please help me..... and come visit me on my blog.

AN AVERAGE GUY'S 90 DAY FREAK OUT DIET
Old 01-24-2010, 02:58 PM
FitDay Member

I am 21 years old and 5'7. I currently weigh 160 and my goal weight is 130. I am doing Slim in 6 and using FitDay. Hopefully the pounds will MELT right off!! haha... I wish it was that simple!
Old 01-28-2010, 03:04 AM
FitDay Member

Cut up bell peppers (green, yellow, orange & red) and put them in a baggie. When their crisp, I call them my french fries. Delicious snack and it fills you up! Thanks, Regina
Old 01-29-2010, 10:06 PM
FitDay Member

Great thread....62 Female, 4'7" at 169. Highest was at 183 in August 2009. Have fallen off the wagon since October. Short goal 160 by March 15th. Long term goal 125.

Could not ever lose. Since FitDay came into my life and recording daily. What a revelation....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.