Travelling and diets - help!!!

Community
Notices

Travelling and diets - help!!!

Old 04-04-2011, 08:04 AM
FitDay Member

Default Travelling and diets - help!!!

Hello everyone!

I am really worried because in May this year I will be going to Spain for 3 weeks to visit my grandmother who lives there. I have been eating healthily and drinking only water/fruit juices for over 3 weeks now and have since lost 17 pounds! I am really pleased with that and I don't want to undo the progress I have made. I usually drink lots of wine when I visit my grandma and eat way more than the 1500 calories I'm eating now...
does anyone have any tips to help me stay in control and not ruin all that I have done?
Thank you :-) x
Old 04-07-2011, 08:40 AM
FitDay Member

Default Try to stay with healthy eating

Hopefully, you can walk during your visit to get exercise and calories burned. The rest is up to you. Eat around high fat and stay close to fresh food as you can.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:45 AM
FitDay Member

Take your walking shoes and work off all of that pasta.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:36 PM
Super Moderator

Smile

In all the situations where you have family offering you food, take a half portion of what you normally would take. If someone says, 'Oh, have a bigger piece' or 'Have more, that's not enough, ' just say, 'Oh, I'm saving space so that I can taste a little bit of all the good food I'm finding here!' A small glass of wine or at the very least, just one glass of wine - that means stay away from clubs unless you can have coffee there, too. And walk a lot...
Old 04-09-2011, 12:11 AM
FitDay Member

Holidays used to be one of my biggest pitfalls. I have realied a lot of that was my attitude that there was no use trying to control my intake on holiays. Once I changed that I have found it much easier. Still hard but you can do it. Make a planbefore you go. You are smart to be thinking about it now. Really enjoy you new level of fitness this month so you will not want to give it up. Plan lots of activities that don't focus on food, watch the wine, ournal everyday if possible, if not keep track so you can journal when you are back home.

Have a great time and get back on track as soon as you are home.