Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
Fourth of July Lose 10% of Your Body Weigth Challenge Discussion >

Fourth of July Lose 10% of Your Body Weigth Challenge Discussion

Notices

Fourth of July Lose 10% of Your Body Weigth Challenge Discussion

Old 05-19-2011, 02:31 AM
FitDay Member

Default If I can do it, SO CAN YOU!

Goal Accomplished....100% Effort = 10% Reward!
I started the challenge at 185 lbs on April 4th
My average weight for the last 7 days is 166.4 lbs
18.6 lbs = 10% weight loss >>>>

It’s been some fun
The deed is done
My goal has been surpassed

Time well spent
Shedding ten percent
Now….To make it last ----

And remembering REO Speedwagon....

Keep pushin, keep pushin, keep pushin, keep pushin on
Keep pushin, keep pushin, you know you have got to be so strong
Keep pushin, keep pushin, well even if you think your strength is gone
Keep pushin on

------Rock on everyone------You can do it! >>>> albie@round

>>>>>>>>>>
Old 05-19-2011, 04:18 AM
FitDay Member

Michael, half way there is great! You are surely making it by July 4th!

Albie, CONGRATULATIONS! And lovely poem! Can you tell us what was your plan of attack?
Old 05-19-2011, 05:11 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Albie@round
Goal Accomplished....100% Effort = 10% Reward!
I started the challenge at 185 lbs on April 4th
My average weight for the last 7 days is 166.4 lbs
18.6 lbs = 10% weight loss >>>>

It’s been some fun
The deed is done
My goal has been surpassed

Time well spent
Shedding ten percent
Now….To make it last ----

And remembering REO Speedwagon....

Keep pushin, keep pushin, keep pushin, keep pushin on
Keep pushin, keep pushin, you know you have got to be so strong
Keep pushin, keep pushin, well even if you think your strength is gone
Keep pushin on

------Rock on everyone------You can do it! >>>> albie@round

>>>>>>>>>>
Albie, that's great--congrats! I know I should give 100% but other than dragging my butt out to jog two miles every work day and keeping my cals more or less in line I'm really on autopilot. Thanks for showing us what 100% effort can accomplish!

Regards,
Michael
Old 05-19-2011, 05:14 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by MAIN80
Michael, half way there is great! You are surely making it by July 4th!
Yup, half way--still a ways to go, though, and I'm going to camp over the long weekend. Now that the snow is gone, though, I can do my walking and burn some of the extra calories that I'm sure to poured down my throat. Extra cals combined with some good exercise isn't too bad, combined with no exercise, well, that is bad news!

Anyway, thanks for the vote of confidence--you're doing pretty well yourself.

Regards,
Michael
Old 05-19-2011, 05:25 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by kcolville
That is so great!! You've been doing so well for so long!!

I weighed myself this morning as well...and the scale read 195.2, I was SHOCKED. I actaully have been trying this week and I thought I was doing well. It can be frustrating but I need to stay focused. I really was hoping for the scale to be lower, since monday that means i've gained 3 pounds basically, wtf?! I'm drinking water like it's my job too!
Hey, if you KNOW you're eating right and you KNOW your exercising and maintaining a calorie deficit, don't sweat it! You WILL lose, regardless of the scales little ups and downs. I get the same thing--scale will drop and a day later bounce back up a pound or two or three. Then a few days later it will be back down. Then it will drop again, etc. You know it is the cumulative average we need to focus on not the daily fluctuations.

My advice is to just make sure you're keeping accurate records of your deficit and keep working it--you WILL lose.

Regards,
Michael
Old 05-20-2011, 08:52 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all! MIA again, but back to update the stats! I have been having steady losses. Still may reach my goal to lose 10 lbs in May.

DancingBear - you are doing awesome!
Old 05-21-2011, 02:39 AM
FitDay Member

Albie, CONGRATULATIONS! And lovely poem! Can you tell us what was your plan of attack?[/QUOTE]

Hello MAIN80 and everyone.....

I suppose my strategy comes down to one word.....committment.
Actually the 4th of July 10% challenge came at a good time and gave me an additional goal to target, both for myself and for others in the group as well.

My personal quest to regain my health, fitness, and sense of well being began 230 days ago. I had all the bad indicators--high cholesterol, high blood sugar, high blood pressure, obesity, etc.-----All the road signs pointing to my final destination----my demise.

Basically I just decided to assess my bad habits and replace them with good habits. I believe it is called behavioral modification or behavioral substitution. I visited with my GP and his staff dietitian and took their advice in following a well balanced diet, nothing crazy or quick fix oriented. I knew that I wanted to commit to the long run, a true reclamation and reinvention of me. I adopted the philosophy of "eat smart, eat less, exercise more", and also what I would call "commitment to persistence"

Below is a table showing my progress and the correlation to exercise.
It shows my weight at the beginning of the month and the number of miles that I walked or biked for that month while following a daily calorie reduction strategy.

Oct Nov Dec Jan Feb Mar Apr

Weight --252--231--218--209--196--185--181
Miles/month 19.3- 3.5- 30.8- 66.3- 126.0- 158.1- 157.6

I am thankful and appreciative to all the great people here at FitDay, all of their advice, stories, encouragement, sensibility and sensitivity...everything about this site and this peer group has inspired me to succeed. I hope that my story can help to inspire someone else. My best to all! ----Albie

>>>>>>>>>>
Old 05-21-2011, 02:46 AM
FitDay Member

Smile

Another week and another loss, which is all good. I have now hit 25lb weigh loss, I am hoping the scale keep going in the right direction (down) .
I was without a computer and internet for a couple of days this week and I kept track of my food intake and my activities and thought I did alright; then I plugged the data into Fitday and OMG did I ever come close to consuming more than I burnt! I figured I was doing well , but I was averaging a 200 calorie deficite, instead of my usual 900-1000 - you really do have to keep track and log everything you do eat/activities. Hope everyone has a good and safe weekend.
Old 05-21-2011, 02:53 AM
FitDay Member

Congratulations Albie!

I agree with you - every one here on the Fitday boards is an inspiration - their trials and tribulations, words of encouragement and of course their success stories.
Good luck all!
Old 05-21-2011, 04:57 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Albie@round

I suppose my strategy comes down to one word.....committment.

>>>>>>>>>>
As Michael said, thank you for showing us what 100% commitment can do! Those are great numbers! I bet all your levels are normal now and that is really the best motivation you can get. My best wishes to you and thank you for sharing!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.