Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
Fourth of July Lose 10% of Your Body Weigth Challenge Discussion >

Fourth of July Lose 10% of Your Body Weigth Challenge Discussion

Notices

Fourth of July Lose 10% of Your Body Weigth Challenge Discussion

Old 05-17-2011, 04:48 AM
FitDay Member

Main80, I remember hitting that "healthy BMI" and having such a sense of pride..that is so great for you!

Soak it all in and stay on track!
Old 05-18-2011, 12:39 AM
FitDay Member

It is wednesday and I am UP 2 POUNDS! That is what I get for this half assed effort I am putting forth. I just can not seem to find the willpower and determintation I had before...

Old 05-18-2011, 03:26 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by kcolville
It is wednesday and I am UP 2 POUNDS! That is what I get for this half assed effort I am putting forth. I just can not seem to find the willpower and determintation I had before...

Do you think that two pounds is fat or just fluid? How's your actual calorie deficit? (You HAVE been logging everything, right?!).

I know it's hard to keep the focus--after a year of doing it I find I'm not as obsessive and my calorie intake average has crept up. Now I don't think that's totally a bad thing as long as it's within reason and the losses are still happening but it's something to be aware of.

Other than a bunch of cliches, I don't know what advice to offer you to get your "switch" flipped back to fully "on". So, gird your loins, put your nose to the grindstone, keep your eye on the prize, give it all you've got and go out there and win one for the Gipper!

Seriously, though, perhaps it's time to re-evaluate your goals. How much more to you want to lose and in what time frame? Is it time to focus more on "fitness" rather than simple weight loss? What strategies or lifestyle changes can you make to help yourself stay on plan and reach those goals?

Regards,
Michael
Old 05-18-2011, 03:36 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
Do you think that two pounds is fat or just fluid? How's your actual calorie deficit? (You HAVE been logging everything, right?!).

I know it's hard to keep the focus--after a year of doing it I find I'm not as obsessive and my calorie intake average has crept up. Now I don't think that's totally a bad thing as long as it's within reason and the losses are still happening but it's something to be aware of.

Other than a bunch of cliches, I don't know what advice to offer you to get your "switch" flipped back to fully "on". So, gird your loins, put your nose to the grindstone, keep your eye on the prize, give it all you've got and go out there and win one for the Gipper!

Seriously, though, perhaps it's time to re-evaluate your goals. How much more to you want to lose and in what time frame? Is it time to focus more on "fitness" rather than simple weight loss? What strategies or lifestyle changes can you make to help yourself stay on plan and reach those goals?

Regards,
Michael

Well, I am NOT logging as I should be. I have been so lazy about it because I have been swamped at work and personally. I need to be better about it and I know that is one of the keys. I do write down everything I eat in a little book but and getting a new phone and am looking forward to logging that way- much easier i bet!! SUPER EXCITED. Hoping this will boost my motivation. I will log everything today.

And you're right after a year of doing this, It is hard. Harder then when I started...I think.

As far as my goals- you're right. I think I do need to look at them on a deeper level. I'd like to atleast get down to 185 to just be a bit more trim- however I am weight training with a trianer (which is new for me). I am trying out to become a police officer this fall and need help passing the physical test- running, push ups and sit ups. I can do the running - 1.5 miles in 15 minutes however ..can not do one pushup. So i've been working with him for about a month and I am getting better..I suppose this could also reflect in the scale...but it should not that much as I am not "bulking up".

Overall- new goal 185. ( 9 pounds away).

I'll find the motivation to get it done, I need to. This is the career I want to do and I need to get fit to make it happen...I can't let the bad guys have the upper hand
Old 05-18-2011, 04:51 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Well, I am NOT logging as I should be. I have been so lazy about it because I have been swamped at work and personally. I need to be better about it and I know that is one of the keys. I do write down everything I eat in a little book but and getting a new phone and am looking forward to logging that way- much easier i bet!! SUPER EXCITED. Hoping this will boost my motivation. I will log everything today.

And you're right after a year of doing this, It is hard. Harder then when I started...I think.

As far as my goals- you're right. I think I do need to look at them on a deeper level. I'd like to atleast get down to 185 to just be a bit more trim- however I am weight training with a trianer (which is new for me). I am trying out to become a police officer this fall and need help passing the physical test- running, push ups and sit ups. I can do the running - 1.5 miles in 15 minutes however ..can not do one pushup. So i've been working with him for about a month and I am getting better..I suppose this could also reflect in the scale...but it should not that much as I am not "bulking up".

Overall- new goal 185. ( 9 pounds away).

I'll find the motivation to get it done, I need to. This is the career I want to do and I need to get fit to make it happen...I can't let the bad guys have the upper hand
Kaitlin, that is an awesome goal! Have you done the Criminal Justice courses yet? I agree that being in great physical shape will be a big help in that avocation, not to mention making you much safer.

How about some martial arts training (if you haven't already)? That is a great conditioning workout (spend 10 minutes in the Horse Stance!).

I'm not big into the New Age stuff, but I do engage in some visualization at times--get yourself a mental picture of where you want to be (buffed up in a nice new LEO uniform, perhaps) and think about that when things get tough. It's kinda corny, but when I'm jogging and starting to lag I always think about that scene in "Rocky (2, I think) where he's running through the snow drifts in Siberia while training and it helps me keep going.

Anyway, keep up the fight--I know you can do it!

Regards,
Michael
Old 05-18-2011, 07:22 AM
FitDay Member

GUESS WHAT?!

I've mentioned several times before - The DREADED wednesday work meetings filled with goodies and sweets. Well, I attended and did not eat any of their goodies! It felt AMAZING!

Today just might be the day I get my willpower back
Old 05-18-2011, 11:02 AM
FitDay Premium Member

GUESS WHAT?!

I've mentioned several times before - The DREADED wednesday work meetings filled with goodies and sweets. Well, I attended and did not eat any of their goodies! It felt AMAZING!

Today just might be the day I get my willpower back
Whooo Hooo! You PWNED that meeting--a great feeling to be in control, isn't it?! There are certain things, like desserts, sweets and the like that I have taken a zero tolerance stance against. It is SO much easier to say "no thanks" to stuff like that if you've internalized that decision. People may try to force the stuff on you, but after a few "no, thank yous" they will give up and leave you alone.

Regards,
Michael
Old 05-18-2011, 04:55 PM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone!

Thank you Kaitlin I am excited about hitting the "healthy" BMI, I know its just a number and I still have to work on my body fat % but its a good motivation. Great you managed to get control over that meeting and your goal resetting.

Michael, I don't think the visualizations are a corny deal, they do help you get through. I wish I had the willpower to have a zero tolerance stance to desserts! If they are out of sight no problem, but I can't easily say no if offered.

Happy rest of the week!
Old 05-18-2011, 09:07 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Was feeling "light" so decided to weigh in a little early and was pleased to see 243.5 on the scale. Let's call it 244 for Challenge purposes. That puts me just over the half-way mark with 5.4 percent off since 4/1.

Regards,
Michael
Old 05-19-2011, 12:31 AM
FitDay Member

That is so great!! You've been doing so well for so long!!

I weighed myself this morning as well...and the scale read 195.2, I was SHOCKED. I actaully have been trying this week and I thought I was doing well. It can be frustrating but I need to stay focused. I really was hoping for the scale to be lower, since monday that means i've gained 3 pounds basically, wtf?! I'm drinking water like it's my job too!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.