Fourth of July Lose 10% of Your Body Weigth Challenge Discussion >

Fourth of July Lose 10% of Your Body Weigth Challenge Discussion

Community
Notices

Fourth of July Lose 10% of Your Body Weigth Challenge Discussion

Old 04-25-2011, 07:06 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Going for gold!!

Hi, I'm new to this forum but a very,very old hand at losing/ gaining weight.
To cut a very long story short, I lost 60 lbs 25 years ago but stiil struggle with that last 20lbs that creeps on and then off. Three years ago I decided to quit dieting and start eating clean and train with weights HARD. I have got just 11 lbs of stubborn fat to lose.
I am 5ft 5 inches weigh 151 lbs and have a body fat of just 13.1 percent( which is down to the weights I do). I am a 41 year old mother of two teenagers living in the UK.
I am going to take up the lose 10% challenge for the 4 th of July and hope I reach my goal.
I have decided to up my calories but reduce my carbs( which are currently too high as I am training for a 10 km road race in 3 weeks) and lift a little harder.
Good luck to everyone taking up the challenge.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:30 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
16 pounds to go--that's great! I was so happy to be under 400, then under 300 so I get your excitement. I'm hoping to see the under 200 mark by the end of the summer.

Keep your eye on the prize and we'll get this done!

Regards,
Michael
Thanks for the encouragement Michael. I know you'll break 200 by summer's end! Should be cake. Haha... cake.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:06 AM
FitDay Member

I hope you read this DancingBear2:

Originally Posted by DancinBear2
Because of your comments earlier about how you were going to keep an eye on me, I have been keeping an eye on you. I have been admiring how you have handled this plateau without getting too frustrated, at least you didn't let it show in these threads. It looks like your patience has payed off.

Awesome Job on the huge loss, I am truely happy for you!
Dancing!
Awe! Thank you. I did kind of freaked out But you know what, now I know and I will never freak out like that again. Thanks to this plateau I know I can do this to the end.

I see you have a much more aggressive schedule than me. What diet are you following? Are you exercising? I am not (yet) because I have a knee with advanced osteoarthritis, so I limp or use the support of a crutch. I am just doing slowburn on the arms, chest.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:55 AM
FitDay Member

I was exercising a little, but for the last whle I have been lazy and have been letting it slide.

I don't follow a specific diet plan, I am making it up as I go along. Typically I have fruit and fat free yogurt in the morning, at lunch I have 3-4 ounces of meat with either a salad or steamed vegetables, afternoon snack is more fruit, supper is ussually some form of meat, grain, and vegetables. Evening snack is either popcorn (air-popped, plain), or yogurt. On weekends I have an omelet for lunch. Generally I just try to keep it to 1500 calories a day and I don't worry too much about the detals, but lately I have been noticing that I haven't been getting enough fibre so I have been trying to up that without upping my total calories.

When I first started, I was loosing 3-4 pounds a week fairly consistantly for about the first 6 weeks, then I hit a slow stage where I was barely loosing a pound a week. I started to get frustrated, then after a few weeks I changed my attitude and decided I was okay if this was the new rate of wight loss. So many other good things have happened since I started this journey, my blood pressure is lower, my blood sugar is lower and I have more energy. All of these are much more important than what the scale says so this is what I try to focus on when the scale doesn't say what I like. Strangely enough, shortly after I changed my attitude it looks like the weight loss has picked up again.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:09 AM
Banned

great job everybody!!
Old 04-27-2011, 05:30 AM
FitDay Member

wow, i haven't been here all month... I don't even think i exercised none this month... But i'm back and time to get on track! :d
Old 04-27-2011, 06:23 AM
FitDay Member

Well, my boss was here for 3 days and we lived on restaurant food and meals with clients. I know it won't be a great week but I really hope to lose at least 2 pounds. That will be the 50 percent of goal mark, 60 of 120 pounds gone! Have a great week everyone!
Old 04-30-2011, 03:07 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up brutal but good week

Well I for one am very glad this week is over. I made the worst mistake a person can do when they are trying to lose weight, I went grocery shopping when I was starving Needless to say I did purchase a couple of things that haven't been in my basket in over 8 months or longer - a bag of chips and some Hot Cross Buns... I don't think I would have bought them if not for a couple of women in my aquafit class talking about food and those 2 items...

Well when I got home from the store groceries put away, I sat down and had some of the chips (half of a serving -14 yes I did read the label) that satisfied the craving, but alas that evening I had the other half of the serving plus one more to boot. I was totally ticked at myself and had noone to blame if the scale went the wrong way

I decided one small tumble off the wagon wasn't going to hurt and I was going to use this day as my "cheat" day and that the rest of the week I would be good. I lost close to 4 lbs - plateau gone and mental game back in hand- I am going for broke now I want to win this challenge for me and then head to my goal..
Old 04-30-2011, 06:34 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Skiboy1
Well, my boss was here for 3 days and we lived on restaurant food and meals with clients. I know it won't be a great week but I really hope to lose at least 2 pounds. That will be the 50 percent of goal mark, 60 of 120 pounds gone! Have a great week everyone!
A one pound week! Damn. 311. One pound short of half way! Next week I am going to kick some butt, MINE!
Old 04-30-2011, 08:28 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Skiboy1
A one pound week! Damn. 311. One pound short of half way! Next week I am going to kick some butt, MINE!

Well Skiboy, look at it this way it could have gone the other way and been a gain...
I would take it and run with it, and with knowing that next week your gonna get to your half way goal and then some!

Kick butt (but don't hurt yourself doing it) !!!

Good luck and have a great week

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.