Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
Fourth of July Lose 10% of Your Body Weigth Challenge Discussion >

Fourth of July Lose 10% of Your Body Weigth Challenge Discussion

Notices

Fourth of July Lose 10% of Your Body Weigth Challenge Discussion

Old 04-22-2011, 11:40 PM
FitDay Premium Member

How's everyone doing? I see some nice losses on the check-in thread!

I'm going to wait another week before I weigh in--want to make sure those extra cals I had at camp have been burned first.

Zootnarf, congrats on your anniversary--my one-year will be here in a couple of weeks.

Stay healthy everyone!

Regards,
Michael
Old 04-23-2011, 01:51 AM
FitDay Member

Howdy all!

Just checking in and saying I had an awesome week, lost .2 of a lb I have to say drinking water is the major key to everything, but alas I did not drink enough. I lost more at the beginning of the week then gained it back in one day and have been trying to get rid of it since then. Maybe weigh in during the week instead? <hmm>

I also know that I am going to hit a few plateaux in this journey (this challenge especially), but I know what I want as my end result so I have to knuckle down and do this... Going to stay positive and not let one crappy day (weather included) ruin my progress to date.

Thanks Mecompco for this challenge and good luck to all my fellow challengers, let us keep our faith in winning this "losing" challenge!

Have a good weekend one and all.. till next week.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:07 AM
Super Moderator

Glad to see you back, Michael

Hitting a bit of a stall this week, but I've also made some bad food choices. I am HOPING I'm not about to hit another plateau, since what's happening now is the same thing that happened last time I plateau'd (mysterious weight gain for no good reason) -- I'm hoping it's water weight, and I'll lose it over the weekend. We'll see!
Old 04-24-2011, 12:37 AM
FitDay Member

I'm joining this exciting challenge! A bit late compared to the rest of you folks.
I'm starting my third round of diet this year, after having gained 10 lb back...
Anyhow, now I'm more motivated then ever.
I'm starting @ 178 lb (3 days ago) and my 4th of July goal is 160 lb. I'm actually hoping for some more since I just started this round so the initial weight will probably come off easily.

Hang in there, good luck to everyone!
Old 04-24-2011, 01:37 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by vsabino
I'm joining this exciting challenge! A bit late compared to the rest of you folks.
I'm starting my third round of diet this year, after having gained 10 lb back...
I'm starting @ 178 lb (3 days ago) and my 4th of July goal is 160 lb. I'm actually hoping for some more since I just started this round so the initial weight will probably come off easily.

Welcome to the challenge! I think , NO I know you can do it! I have been lurking in the background for the first challenge of the year and decided I needed a helping hand (ie encouragment from others doing the same as me) and I have seen it given in these boards and have taken some of their postings and recommendations under advisement- and some do work for me....

So go for it and lose!!!!
Old 04-24-2011, 08:53 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by vsabino

Welcome to the challenge--it's never too late to join in. Two pounds a week is entirely doable if you work it--let's go!

Regards,
Michael
Old 04-24-2011, 08:55 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by peppy35
Welcome to the challenge! I think , NO I know you can do it! I have been lurking in the background for the first challenge of the year and decided I needed a helping hand (ie encouragment from others doing the same as me) and I have seen it given in these boards and have taken some of their postings and recommendations under advisement- and some do work for me....

So go for it and lose!!!!
Sounds like you're doing great--awesome!

That's the key to the forums--read everything and find what works for YOU. Every body is different and you just need to try different things to find the balance that your mind and body need to make this work. Keep doin' what your doin'!

Regards,
Michael
Old 04-25-2011, 02:10 AM
FitDay Member

I've taken my eye off the ball a bit too much recently. It's been the Easter holidays and the fine weather here in the UK has meant barbecues and beer. Time to knuckle back down and shift some weight.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:34 AM
FitDay Member

Well I've officially lost 10 pounds for this challenge. That puts me at 315 today, and total loss of 43 pounds all together. My 10% mark may be 293, but I'm really only shooting to break 300. As long as I do that, I'll be happy. So that means I just need to lose 16 pounds by July 4th. The day I finally see 299 on that scale... I be one happy man.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:34 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by VirusInside
Well I've officially lost 10 pounds for this challenge. That puts me at 315 today, and total loss of 43 pounds all together. My 10% mark may be 293, but I'm really only shooting to break 300. As long as I do that, I'll be happy. So that means I just need to lose 16 pounds by July 4th. The day I finally see 299 on that scale... I be one happy man.
16 pounds to go--that's great! I was so happy to be under 400, then under 300 so I get your excitement. I'm hoping to see the under 200 mark by the end of the summer.

Keep your eye on the prize and we'll get this done!

Regards,
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.