Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
Fourth of July Lose 10% of Your Body Weigth Challenge Discussion >

Fourth of July Lose 10% of Your Body Weigth Challenge Discussion

Community
Notices

Fourth of July Lose 10% of Your Body Weigth Challenge Discussion

Old 04-04-2011, 02:27 AM
FitDay Member

Default I know what Joel Goodson would say.......

OK fit-citizens....After 2 days of total crash and burn, emotionally fueled, binge eating and drinking, and weighing in at 185 lbs yesterday, I accept this challenge to get myself back on track and atone for the aforementioned weaknesses...

If I hit 166.5 lbs, the 10% target for me, that will be right in the range of my college wrestling weight!

Stay cool. Bring on the challenge and keep on keepin' on everybody.----Albie

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Old 04-04-2011, 07:16 AM
FitDay Member

I can't wait for Friday!!!! I want to weigh in. I am excited for this challenge. I cracked and jumped on the scale again today. I was already down 5 pounds. I know its from being depressed and not eating, but I got out my running shoes today and went for a nice jog with my baby nephew. I dont expect to have losses like this often but I'll take this one. I am starting to feel better so maybe my apatite will come back and I can eat a little something.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:41 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by MakerBabe
I can't wait for Friday!!!! I want to weigh in. I am excited for this challenge. I cracked and jumped on the scale again today. I was already down 5 pounds. I know its from being depressed and not eating, but I got out my running shoes today and went for a nice jog with my baby nephew. I dont expect to have losses like this often but I'll take this one. I am starting to feel better so maybe my apatite will come back and I can eat a little something.
Great job losing 5 pounds! Sorry for the reason being depression. But nothing like seeing a 5 pound loss to cheer you up right?
Old 04-04-2011, 09:37 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Albie@round
OK fit-citizens....After 2 days of total crash and burn, emotionally fueled, binge eating and drinking, and weighing in at 185 lbs yesterday, I accept this challenge to get myself back on track and atone for the aforementioned weaknesses...

If I hit 166.5 lbs, the 10% target for me, that will be right in the range of my college wrestling weight!

Stay cool. Bring on the challenge and keep on keepin' on everybody.----Albie

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Albie, good to have you on board. I admit that I had a six pack of brown ale Saturday night as my "day off". It was good for a while, but I felt pretty queasy later on. Finished the day about even with my calorie burn--can't make a habit of that!

Regards,
Michael
Old 04-04-2011, 04:45 PM
FitDay Member

I love the idea of chunking your weight loss into smaller goals. To get from 229 to 206 by July 1 would set me at a loss of 1.79 lbs/week. Very reasonable, count me in!
Old 04-05-2011, 04:59 AM
FitDay Member

I'm IN!!! I sit currently at 192.2, so I must lose 19.2 - AW HECK let's round up to 20 lb by the 4th of July! Great motivation - I'll be at the beach that day seeing good friends we only see once a year, so I CAN'T WAIT to show off the slimmer me!!!

-Christy
Old 04-05-2011, 05:07 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by crblack1218
I'm IN!!! I sit currently at 192.2, so I must lose 19.2 - AW HECK let's round up to 20 lb by the 4th of July! Great motivation - I'll be at the beach that day seeing good friends we only see once a year, so I CAN'T WAIT to show off the slimmer me!!!

-Christy
Christy, welcome to the challenge! Now don't "sit" at 192.2 for long--walk or at least stand there . Beach weather will be here soon--let's get those pounds dropping fast.

Regards,
Michael
Old 04-08-2011, 10:03 PM
FitDay Premium Member

A pretty good weigh-in today at 253 pounds .

Now I've been a little worried as I had my day off last Saturday and even though I was right around even with my daily calorie burn it still worries me to have an extra 1500 cals (mostly beer). To make matters worse, I (against my better judgement and advice) weighed a couple of times this week and was mortified to see 260 on Thursday. Must have been fluid retention as today the scale was wavering between 252.5 and 253 so a 5lb. loss since April 1st or just a hair under 2%.

Now, my work-day 1.92 miles in 30 minutes is already getting easier. Yesterday I added a little mild jogging here and there and had at least 3 or 4 minutes left. My knees and ankles are delicate after having been abused for so many years so I'm being very careful--the last thing I need is an injury.

I hope you all are doing well!

Regards,
Michael
Old 04-09-2011, 04:46 AM
FitDay Member

WTG Mecompo... awesome on your loss of 5lbs.

I had small loss (1.6) but I will take it, as I have been sitting on a plateau for so long, but I know I am going in the right direction- joining this challenge is what I needed. I have also been taking my body stats and every week that I didn't lose weight I lost inches, 18 so far and counting <doing a happy dance>
Good luck to all of you and have a great weekend.
Old 04-09-2011, 12:50 PM
FitDay Member

I'm back from holidays and ready to get back to work. I will see what my post holiday weight in is tomorrow or Monday -- give the jet lag a day to wear off. I suppose I shouldn't get credit for relosing any gain since April 1st LOL I'm hoping for a break even over the past 10 days. Can't weight to get started. Mary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.