Notices

Diet advice.

Old 12-18-2010, 05:41 PM
FitDay Member

Default Diet advice.

Hey guys just wondering of anyone can help me out with how much of a percent my protein, carbs & fats should make up in order to lose weight. Keeping in mind i eat minimal refined carbs & only ''essential fat''
Thanks
Old 12-18-2010, 06:17 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks for that really appreciate it, all the best with the fitness
Old 12-19-2010, 04:20 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Mike has some great advice.

Every body responds to carb/fat/pro differently and you'll have to experiment a bit to see what works for you. I think it is very important to eat good, real food that you enjoy and that keeps you satisfied. You will do much better in the long run that way.

Really, if you are running a calorie deficeit you will eventually lose weight anyway (for instance the fellow who lost 25 pounds eating Twinkies and Hostess Cup cakes, while keeping a calorie deficeit. BUT, our goal is weight loss with good nutrition.

Personally, I shoot for a 40/30/30 mix, which I've since found out is what the "Zone Diet" recommends. If I'm one way or the other, I don't despair--these are only guidelines.

Anyway, welcome and keep up the good work.

Regards,
Michael
Old 09-18-2011, 05:44 PM
FitDay Member

As per my view to maintain your diet it is very much essential to have daily good routine such as to have a running daily as well as yoga to have your diet and your body in a good tone also it is very much important that you don't skip your food otherwise it will make your body or diet a great unbalanced.