Notices

"this is better than a donut"

Old 11-16-2011, 05:28 AM
FitDay Member

Default "this is better than a donut"

Hello all~

I went to a kickboxing class for the first time this morning and it was TOUGH but fabulous. I loved it. At the end of the session while stretching, the lady behind me said, "Ahh, this is better than a donut." Well, that got me thinking...This IS better than a donut: working out, eating healthy, having trouble keeping my pants up, the compliments and most of all the amazing way I feel when I am awake vs. consuming a donut and then having the subsequent negative feelings afterward. Consumption of that donut, cake, pie is very brief but the way I feel because of my healthy lifestyle change lasts all day!

So, put down that donut and find out what is better! Tell me--what is better than a donut for you?
Old 11-16-2011, 06:52 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Love it!

Great post
Old 11-16-2011, 06:53 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mrosesavage
Hello all~

I went to a kickboxing class for the first time this morning and it was TOUGH but fabulous. I loved it. At the end of the session while stretching, the lady behind me said, "Ahh, this is better than a donut." Well, that got me thinking...This IS better than a donut: working out, eating healthy, having trouble keeping my pants up, the compliments and most of all the amazing way I feel when I am awake vs. consuming a donut and then having the subsequent negative feelings afterward. Consumption of that donut, cake, pie is very brief but the way I feel because of my healthy lifestyle change lasts all day!

So, put down that donut and find out what is better! Tell me--what is better than a donut for you?
Staying awake at 5am when my hubby goes off to work to push myself through an hour long workout regimine is better than a donut. I used to drag myself back upstairs and crawl in bed to get that hour of sleep and barely wake up with the alarm by hitting the snooze several times. Now I very rarely go back to bed when he leaves. It leaves me feeling energetic and ready for my day.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:53 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mrosesavage
...and most of all the amazing way I feel when I am awake vs. consuming a donut and then having the subsequent negative feelings afterward. Consumption of that donut, cake, pie is very brief but the way I feel because of my healthy lifestyle change lasts all day!
I couldn't put it any better than that, and I'm usually not at a loss for words.