Your weakness

Reply

Old 03-11-2011, 07:59 PM
  #1  
FitDay Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alexandria, Virginia
Posts: 146
Default Your weakness

We all have them..that hard to kick bad habit or bad food that has set us back at one time or another. This is the time to blast some light on it! What is/are your weakness(es) which have proven the most difficult to overcome during your weightloss journey??

Mine: Coca cola all day every day, danish sweets, pastries, and fried chicken!

I have a bad habit of talking myself out of exercising by telling myself that the walk to the store was enough for today, or I can make it up tomorrow. I'm my own worst enemy!
Crimpet is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:27 PM
  #2  
FitDay Member
 
VirusInside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 156
Default

It's pizza for me. Especially the absolute unhealthiest kind. I'm talking fast food pizza w/ every meat they have on it. Pepperoni, sausage, bacon, ham, etc. Hold the veggies. Extra cheese if at all possible, and I could easily put away half a large of this myself, in one sitting (probably the whole thing if I spaced it out). My blood probably becomes the consistency of cottage cheese after eating like that.

Good stuff though... If someone walked through the door with this right now, there's no way I could turn it down.
VirusInside is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:35 PM
  #3  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 145
Default

Originally Posted by VirusInside View Post
It's pizza for me. Especially the absolute unhealthiest kind. I'm talking fast food pizza w/ every meat they have on it. Pepperoni, sausage, bacon, ham, etc. Hold the veggies. Extra cheese if at all possible, and I could easily put away half a large of this myself, in one sitting (probably the whole thing if I spaced it out). My blood probably becomes the consistency of cottage cheese after eating like that.

Good stuff though... If someone walked through the door with this right now, there's no way I could turn it down.
That stuff is loaded with poison. But the advertising tells you it is the be all and end all, instant gratification. Try something different. A couple of slices of WW bread, some lean ham, tomatoes, onion and garlic, what is it you need to satisfy? Your hunger or your taste buds?
gallusgal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:44 PM
  #4  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: CANADA
Posts: 139
Default

My weakness is =
Frozen desserts, and Cheese cakes.

I love cold creamy sweet things I guess.
Yesterday I ate some Frozen yogurt, I would have been able to eat the whole bucket I love it so much. I controlled myself and only had 1 serving though (1/2 cup) xD
More for next week.

I've actually contemplated going on a Frozen-yogurt-only diet till its all gone xD
Oh my the things I try to present to myself.

And i make the most delicious Pumpkin cheesecake = Every Thanksgiving.
My family can finish off the whole cake in 1 night ( 1 quarter each) . Trust me, its gooood The first time i made it, I actually ended up having to make another one for our guests.
I'm going to modify it this year to be made with lowfat creamcheese,Stevia, and organic extra virgin non-hydrogenated coconut oil instead of butter.
which will reduce the calories, fat, and sugar. And hopefully taste the same or better
Misery16226 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:59 PM
  #5  
FitDay Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alexandria, Virginia
Posts: 146
Default

OMG That sounds divine Misery! I LOVE cheesecake and could totally devour half of one in a sitting! I can imagine how I'd be with a pumpkin cheesecake lol Please share your 'healthy' recipe once you've tested it ^_^
Crimpet is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:42 PM
  #6  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: CANADA
Posts: 139
Default

Originally Posted by Crimpet View Post
OMG That sounds divine Misery! I LOVE cheesecake and could totally devour half of one in a sitting! I can imagine how I'd be with a pumpkin cheesecake lol Please share your 'healthy' recipe once you've tested it ^_^
I will definitely share it. I may even make it even healthier then that somehow. ( low-cal crumbs maybe?) At least the pumpkin is already healthy ^-^
Too bad thanksgiving is so far away still.
Misery16226 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:06 PM
  #7  
Super Moderator
 
cjohnson728's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,083
Default

Misery, one of the pies my family makes has Rice Krispies in the crust instead of graham-cracker-like crumbs. I don't know that it's healthy, but it's probably healthier.

I was reading a box of grahams the other day; they really do have a lot of yuck in them. I found a recipe and if I'm brave, am going to try to make my own this weekend.

I am a froyo lover also! I wouldn't give it up for anything . In moderation, of course.
cjohnson728 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:51 PM
  #8  
FitDay Premium Member
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,621
Default

Beer.
mecompco is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 12:01 AM
  #9  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: CANADA
Posts: 139
Default

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 View Post
Misery, one of the pies my family makes has Rice Krispies in the crust instead of graham-cracker-like crumbs. I don't know that it's healthy, but it's probably healthier.

I was reading a box of grahams the other day; they really do have a lot of yuck in them. I found a recipe and if I'm brave, am going to try to make my own this weekend.

I am a froyo lover also! I wouldn't give it up for anything . In moderation, of course.

Awe thanks.. I also found out that you can use NUTS for the crust.
so maybe if i make a mixture of healthy nuts, I will put that as a crust.

Nuts, Pumpkin, Cheesecake

Sounds good right ? And gotta be healthier then graham.
Misery16226 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 01:17 AM
  #10  
FitDay Member
 
VirusInside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 156
Default

Originally Posted by gallusgal View Post
A couple of slices of WW bread, some lean ham, tomatoes, onion and garlic
Yeah... that's really just a ham sandwich. Not quite pizza. Sometimes it is the taste buds we need to satisfy. There's not a thing wrong with the occasional dose of "poison" as you put it. It's about moderation. I've lost 25 pounds in less than two months, even with a little poison here and there.
VirusInside is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service