Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
Suffering from Back Pain that Stopped Me from Working OUT, WHAT SHOULD I DO? >

Suffering from Back Pain that Stopped Me from Working OUT, WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Notices

Suffering from Back Pain that Stopped Me from Working OUT, WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Old 03-21-2011, 01:10 AM
FitDay Member

Default Suffering from Back Pain that Stopped Me from Working OUT, WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Hello to all, please Help me, I'm sufferig from back pain that stopped me from continuing my routine work out at the gym yesterday and expected to last for 3-4 days . Before the pain my allowed calories consumption was 1750, but now I don't know what to do, I'm afraid either to gain weight or freeze on my current weight.

What should I do...PLEASE HELP

Hanan
Old 03-21-2011, 01:24 AM
FitDay Member

You should chill out!

A few days isn't going to hurt you, but you could aggravate the injury if you try to work through it.

Just try to eat a little less, relax and recuperate. A couple of weeks from now you'll wonder what the fuss was about.

Good luck!
Old 03-21-2011, 01:36 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks, I liked the way you replied, it feels that you are an optimistic person
Old 03-21-2011, 02:24 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I agree--get the back under control, then start back exercising when you're able. I've had lower back issues since Jr. High and I know it's no fun. Had my first back muscle spasm last summer--worst.pain.ever.

If you can, it might be a good idea to throttle back the calories a bit until you're mobile again. Hope your back mends quickly!

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-21-2011, 03:02 AM
FitDay Member

This could be a nice opportunity for you to see a (sports) massage therapist. Muscles and joints benefit from a good massage, and it might open your back
Old 03-21-2011, 06:14 AM
FitDay Member

If the back situation goes on for more than a few days, you should check in with your doctor, and request physical therapy. You probably need to do some stretching and a physical therapy is a good place to learn how to do it right. DH has a bad back and he stretches almost every day and swears by it. Sit ups or crunches always help me, because my back starts to hurt when my muscles aren't in balance, but I know that sit-ups don't help everyone.