Notices

Not Losing Weight Fast Enough

Old 03-17-2011, 06:09 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I always find it interesting to know what other people do, I am losing steadily on 1300 cal per day, actually between 1250 & 1350 max. I lose 1 lb a week right now without exercise but will be able to start very soon. I have one regular cheat a month that I build in to my cal per day which is an Icelandic Kleiner, it is a cake style donut and I have 2 of them with a mug of hot strong black tea. They are small and the size of one N. American donut. I eat them very slowly and savour every morsel!! I may even give them up by summer, who knows? Lol

I drink 16 cups of water per day which keeps the weight coming off and my kidney stones at bay. I have oral cancer and under plenty of stress but this actually gives me something to do and I am tickled with this site and the great people. I have no risk factors for this cancer, my dentist found it so please don't skip your twice a year checkups!!

cheers folks,

meggie
Old 03-17-2011, 10:30 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hi Meggie

I find this site to be a lifeline for me. It makes me accountable in a way that nothing else can. From the weigh in, to the food log to the exercise. All of it makes me do what I need to get in gear and stay in gear.

I walk one hour everyday without fail. Every other day I lift weights with the walk. I joined my town YMCA and get on the treadmill. I walk at a small incline and it is really making the difference.

I am a compulsive overeater and have never been hungry a day in my life. I got rid of sugar, white flour and white rice.

While it is work, and a complete lifestyle, there is alot of joy in working on my health and well-being.

Good luck.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:37 AM
FitDay Member

I know what it is to be frustrated with how slowly the weight is coming off. I have AS, which is a very bad form of arthritis that affects mostly the spine but can affect other joints as well (I also have issues with my hip joints). So, I am very restricted in what I can and can't do. Even prolonged walking causes immense pain. I'm a 38 year old, 5'6" female currently at 204 pounds and eventually want to get to 150, or even 140. I was down to 176 at one time, but then everything just stopped. FOR 4 MONTHS! Talk about discouraging. I just started a new drug, Humira, and the pain finally seems to be lessening. So, time to get back on the kick and hopefully be able to throw in some exercise this time as well. I actually took a 1 mile bike ride with my kids a couple nights ago (the weather in Michigan is finally starting to warm up), so that's a good start for me. As my tagline in my signature says, "I'm gonna do it this time!" Don't give up! I did and look where it got me. Right back to square one. You've made great progress and with a few tweaks, you'll continue to make more. Don't give up and end up where I am (again).
Old 03-18-2011, 11:44 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by shibaluvr
I am a compulsive overeater and have never been hungry a day in my life. I got rid of sugar, white flour and white rice.
It's tough, being a compulsive overeater. After almost a year of being in control, I still get the urge from time to time. One wonders if it will ever totally go away--I suspect not. Sigh!

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-12-2011, 09:30 PM
FitDay Member

As per my view you should stop eating oily food as well as fast food too also you must start eating fruits and juice every day it will help you a lot as well do always exercise and yoga on a daily basis. This will help you a lot and will maintain your diet and routine too. You will definitely going to loose weight in a week.