Notices

The Healthy Community #2

Old 02-20-2010, 11:21 AM
FitDay Member

Oooh, the spicy fish recipe does sound good! Maybe use salmon with that, too. I really do like salmon with horseradish on it. It's not really that hot, but very good when baked/broiled.

I had a nice little dinner tonight...away from the usual chicken! Broiled steak, but it came in a package called Chef's Requested "100 calories per steak and 3.5 g Fat, gluten free product". No guessing and it was satisfying with some quick white rice and fresh broccoli.

Weekends are haaaard...lol. I'm already at 1,200 calories and the hardest part of the day for me, the EVENINGS and NIGHTS, are here! But I still have room for a light yogurt later on. Hope everyone else is doing good....thinking of you all!!!
Old 02-21-2010, 07:25 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome kroblee! Probably the first thing to do to get started is to just log your food to see how many calories you are currently eating. Also log your activities, this helps you see how many you need to burn and not gain. I'm trying to eat at 1200 /day. But started at 2000, and have struggled to get my daily intake down close to 1500.

Thanks for the fish ideas. I'm just starting to experiment with ground turkey-tasty and lots less fat than hamburger.

I'm hoping to lose 3 more lbs in the next 2 weeks-I'm headed to Savannah for St Pat's Day. 3 more would put me at 10 lost total. I've promised myself if I get to 10 lbs lost I will get a pedicure.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:37 AM
FitDay Member

Jessie Gefelicteed with quitting smoking, I quit smoking years ago. But now sometimes I just have a real appetite for dipje have a cigarette but then quickly said what jancamp a walk / run / Zumba such things as I head somewhere else to focus. It is indeed a real insperatie three days as I sit here looking at the stories then you really something that should succeed and everyone gives me such good advice and are so helpful. That was myself when I started really need diets, and now I'm almost at the end of the third week and wish I had discovered this site earlier things yourself and not think others can come with you or help yourself to others is a must if you're losing weight. And the environment is at least something different and I am often told you do not lose weight, you look so good. While I know not, that's a shame because they do not want to hurt but they do just by doing this you will just huge reasons that everyone is in place and all for the same purpose
Old 02-21-2010, 10:28 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Kroblee
This easiest way I have found to work out how many calories to eat a day is to set yourself a weight goal (Weight Goal is about the 8th tab across the top of the page) once you select that key in your current weight and then key in weight you want to be and by when, once set there is a box underneath these figures with some other tabs the one labelled Calorie Restriction will tell you how many calories to cut down on a day and then the Calorie balance tab tells you how many calories that actually leaves you to eat.
Having browsed quite a few of the forums I am always surprised by the low level of calories that quite alot of people are eating to lose weight. In order to maintain health and ensure you are getting all the required nutrients and minerals it is recommended that it shouldnt be lower then 1200 cals per day

Just as a reference point I am 5'5 current weight is 168lb and my ultimate goal is 138lb I have lost 20lbs since new year on 1500-1600 cals a day.
Hope that helps

Old 02-21-2010, 12:39 PM
FitDay Member

Default Total gym anyone?

Hello All;

I was just wondering if anyone is using the Total Gym. { the one that Chuck Norris & Christy Brinkley endorse} If so how do you log the activity cardio or strength training?

Stay strong.
Old 02-21-2010, 03:14 PM
FitDay Member

Hello everyone,

Hope we all got through the weekend OK! Yes, weekends are challenging! Had 2 dinners out this weekend (one a buffet) and did really well. Chose wisely, controlled portions, drank water, skipped dessert. Yay!

Thanks for the support Cassie and everyone! We CAN do this, we all can, because we are smart, determined, and we deserve to accomplish our goals we set for ourselves.

Cheers to a healthy week! *tink*
Old 02-21-2010, 08:36 PM
FitDay Member

Default Motivation

Hi if you read all so you really have a insperatie, I'm doing weight but starts a little hard to me because I very much try to walk at least half hour up to one hours. And yet I'm the best first days off are just now is much more slower (but I hold on although it is very difficult and if you read that you just hold on and do it then I really respect a lot and find my motivation back to go against it
Old 02-21-2010, 11:35 PM
FitDay Member

Yesterday I wanted chinese food. I know that it is a lot of calories and sodium. I decided to go ahead and get it but portion it out. I looked up the estimated calories. It worked! I got the orange beef I wanted and the scallops, but only ate a little. Now I have 3 more servings packed up ready for lunch or dinner. I also added extra veggies to it and that was a great idea- made the dish more healthy-got the color on the plate-so important. A very good rule to follow-I added carrots, brussel sprouts, spinach, peapods-I steamed them first.

Looks like a snowday here in Michigan. I have a neighbor here in Michigan who runs his snow blower up and down the entire block-and he has a white beard and shoulder length white hair-he looks just like Santa. It's so nice to see someone doing something extra for the community.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:30 AM
FitDay Member

I did great on Saturday and then not so great on Sunday! Although I didn't eat a whole lot during the day, and spend about 5 hours cleaning house, vaccuming (even the stairs!) washing floors, all the "fun" stuff! I made roast beef, mashed potatoes (real ones!) gravy, brocolli and cauliflower, corn....and ice cream for desert! It was very very tasty! But wow, pushed calories to 2000! That is the most I have eaten in one day since 2009! Because of the amount of work I did, I am not freaking out too much.

I had to buy some new clothes today...I am too fat for my skinny clothes and too skinny for my fat clothes!! I fit into a size 10 pants, I checked my jean size when I got home and they are a size 14, and way too big now! Now if only the scale would move...down!!!

Shell it is great you are proud of yourself for your efforts over the weekend.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:32 PM
FitDay Member

Hi guys, nice to see everyone still at it! Weekends are tricky, I had wine on Saturday evening but was still careful of what I ate, had the munchies on Sunday though still, I wasn't too bad.

I got up on Saturday morning, waved my OH out the door, and set about some housework. I put on a pair of 'comfy' jogging pants and got started. I failed to realise how loose around my body said jogging pants had become and halfway through the vacuuming, as I bent to pick something up, I felt them slipping. There I was, alone, (thankfully!) in the middle of the sitting room with my trousers round my ankles! :

I had a good laugh about it though, I really didn't realise how big they had gotten on me and it felt really good! I was just so glad the house was empty and I wasn't in the garden raking leaves at the time!

shell, well done on your restraint at the weekend, I wish I could say the same!

Kathie, I did eat more on Sunday than I would have liked to, but then I think back to what I used to do and it wasn't half as bad. I got back on track first thing Monday though, whereas the old me would have just said 'what the hell'.

Hope everyone has a fab week!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.