Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
The Healthy Community #2 >

The Healthy Community #2

Community
Notices

The Healthy Community #2

Old 02-12-2010, 09:18 AM
FitDay Member

So glad everyone is doing so well. Except for your back pain Kathie. Ouch. I weighed in at 161 AGAIN, same for the last week. Hopefully my monthly "friend" is the reason for the lack of losing. Not gaining so thats good. Zig Zagging Rocks. I snuck a Reese's peanutbutter cup today and looked up the calories afterward...42 calories?? For that tiny little piece? What a waste!! Well now I know not to waste calories there again. Those things are my weakness, I could gobble down an entire bag!!

My cruise is less than one week away, I really wanted to be in the 150's when I go. Two pounds is workable I hope. Maybe I'll do a mile walk tonight Cassie and the Step program!! Have a super day gals!!
Old 02-13-2010, 04:33 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the advice everyone! My knees are fine, what really bothers me is my lower right leg where I did so much damage to my ankle and a six inch plate resides on the fibula right above the joint. My only beef with recumbants is they make my butt fall asleep on them whenever I used them at the gym! I think I'm going to go with the upright, mainly because of money and space issues. Amazon's got a nice one on sale that says it has an oversized seat, some pre-programmed workouts and good reviews. The way I figure, if the seat is really uncomfortable, I know from reading tips on fitness sites that you can change the seat out like on a traditional bike, and I've always enjoyed bike riding, so I think I'd like the one that sits like a real bike. I don't think I've done this much research since college! Thanks again for all the input. Its good to have that more human element than just reading facts.

I hope everyone's having a happy weekend!!
Old 02-13-2010, 05:05 AM
FitDay Member

Ahh, finally the scale moved. Must be the new incorporated exercise. Down 1 pound. !50's here I come!! DD pooped out half way through the step video cause she couldn't follow the steps. Hey, neither could I, I looked ridiculous but kept moving. Gotta go... 2 mile walk is calling my name. Happy Valentines weekend everyone. Hope the hubbies know not to buy us chocolates. Ha!
Old 02-13-2010, 06:35 AM
FitDay Member

Diane - did you check kijiji or craigslist in your area. Used exercise equipment is so much cheaper second had.
Old 02-13-2010, 07:03 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone. Hope you are all having a wicked weekend, but not too wicked!

I am celebrating Valentine's day this weekend with my lovely hubby, we are going out for a meal and a show tomorrow night and he is cooking for us this evening...

I feel no panic, I used to always panic about eating out when I was trying to lose weight, now I just choose the sensible option that I fancy the most and count it into my allowance. If I go over today, I'll make up for it tomorrow. I also don't feel that I have to eat everything that's put in front of me anymore so that helps a bit too!

Kathie, so sorry to hear about your back! I really do hope you feel better soon.

I went to an aqua aerobics class yesterday, what a fun workout that was! Anyway, hope you all have a lovely weekend and a romantic and happy Valentine's day. Here's to another week and another step on the journey.
Old 02-14-2010, 03:25 AM
FitDay Member

Hello Everyone!

I believe I am making it through the weekend well as far as food goes! It is a victory for me. Gallusgal, I know what you mean about eating out. I used to stress about it alot, then feel guilty afterwards. But no more. I choose meals that are smart, and if it is a large portion, I take some home. Enjoy your night out!! Way to go for going to aquasize, it is fun!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! Heres to a successful week of losing!!! We can do this!!!
Old 02-14-2010, 04:00 AM
FitDay Member

Default Happy valentines day!!

Kathie;
Sorry to hear about your back; be careful & I hope it improves soon.
Shell;
Congrats on being in control of food over the week end. I enjoyed your post. You are right we can do this. Here's to a losing week for all.
Old 02-14-2010, 04:24 AM
FitDay Member

Valentines Day and the local market has lobster tails on sale! They are only 4 oz each but what a nice idea for dinner tonight and calorie/carb/fat/protein wise - they are so good. Lobster tails, broccoli and asparagus - I think this is going to be a nice dinner. I will of course broil the tails and us olive oil, garlic, salt pepper and paprika to brush with instead of butter
Old 02-14-2010, 01:28 PM
FitDay Member

Hey gang! It sounds like everybody is getting thru the weekend!

My back feels much better today and I was out with family and friends having a Family Day celebration at my BIL's farm. I trudged thru snow, walked up hills, rode the snowmobile, ate hot dogs (2) and drank hot chocolate!!

It was a great deal of fun, I am totally exhausted now. My food was not really part of the "diet" PLAN....but as I have mentioned before, we have to be able to still live our lives. Besides with all the walking, I am sure I burned off most of it anyways. Not to mention being cold can burn calories all by itself.

I am so fed up with not seeing any weight loss, that I have that "I don't care" feeling happening. I am still tracking the food and activities, but not being as "careful" as I was being.
Old 02-14-2010, 02:22 PM
Super Moderator

Good to hear from you again Kathie

Glad you had a most excellent time.

I am hoping that letting your guard down will shake things up a bit and get your scale to move again! Something's gotta give...just be patient!

I know, easier said than done

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.