Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
The Healthy Community #2 >

The Healthy Community #2

Community
Notices

The Healthy Community #2

Old 02-07-2010, 06:28 AM
FitDay Member

Jennifer, I have been around but I hate to be the only one posting!! LOL!! You are doing SO WELL, I am a little envious myself!! 8) But in a good way! You will meet that goal, you should be so proud of yourself...keep up the good work!

Cassie, I didn't really even pay attention to the ADD part of that article because I have no small children anymore and there are no ADD grandkids.... I was looking at more the adult part and how poisonous the sugar really is to our bodies. I used to drink a lot of coca cola, so I need to remind myself often of what all that sugar was doing to me.

I really love our little 'Healthy community" too!! I keep fitday open on my computer all day, and check in often, just to see if anyone has posted!!! LOL!! My husband and son are both skinny so they aren't doing the plan with me - although my son is very health conscious and often eats the foods I prepare plus extras of course. I have one daughter than needs to lose weight too, but she can't stick with a plan for more than a week at a time, so she is no motivation at all!! I have a sister that obsesses about weight loss, but serious she might have 3 pounds to lose (in HER mind at least!! haha!!), she is a tiny wee thing!! So coming here is where I find people of a like mindset! People who are struggling like I am, people who are facing disappointments...but still managing to carry on.

Shell, it sounds like you are having a really hard time. If you want to chat on msn, let me know, maybe we can help each other through these struggles. It is good you are doing some meal planning and getting food prepared ahead of tiime, it really does help. I got pretty sick of eating chicken breast myself, plus they are very expensive....the whole chicken gives me different options, and the dark meat really is ok to eat as long as you remove all skin and visible fat. I didn't get my muffins made yesterday, so that is my project for today. I didn't make the treadmill yesterday either. I still have to fight to get myself exercising. I can do some vigorous housework instead!!
Old 02-07-2010, 07:52 AM
FitDay Member

How about it folks; Is anyone getting on the treadmill today? I really need to. I did a light 30 min. with weights. but I really need the cardio to lose, & I want a big 3 lb. loss this friday.
Old 02-07-2010, 09:33 AM
FitDay Member

I walked 2 miles today... and better yet got my 13y/o daughter to do it with me!! I think I wore her out ! Getting ready to go to a superbowl party in a little bit, i've had some anxiety over this ALL week. I did volunteer to bring the veggie platter so at least I have some good choices to make. Hope I don't give in to all the other temptations there. I did buy a bottle of pinot noir to take with me and am planning on having a glass. I have watch my calories closer today in anticipation I guess.... just in case.....! Shell way to go with preparing meals! Kathy, I hear ya about your sister! Know the feeling all to well. My husband is thin and eats junk all day long, I always tell him you eat it, I gain it! He really should weigh close to 1,000 pounds (X-D) but he was the lucky one born with a fast metabolism! My daughter has always carried a few extra pounds but I have noticed that she losing weight. She got her back to school clothes and I've had to replace them all in the past month sooooo good for her! Now I am trying to get her to eat healthy. Stay motivated everyone...we can do this!
Old 02-07-2010, 09:48 AM
FitDay Member

I really dont like the treadmill at all,if im going to walk it has to be outside.I went to the gym today (yesterday was my off day) and lifted weights for 50 minutes then rode the stationary bike for 1 hour and 40 minutes at 100 watts or more.I find the bike easier on the body to rather than walk or running.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:34 AM
FitDay Member

Hello again,

Did some good power walking on the treadmill for 30 mins.

Kathie, Thanks for the support! Would love to chat sometime, what is your email/chat address? I am on FitDay here multiple times a day too and peek in numerous times during the day.

Truth be told, I have become somewhat obsessed with tracking my food and reading up on nutritional stuff - but there are worse obsessions, right!? lol I tend to have to dive into things for them to work for me! Soooo, hoping it is all sinking in; and it is, but not as quickly as I would like. I don't always post because I have been feeling in a schlump lately. Going to strive to remain more positive this week.

Good to see everyone here, hanging in and getting that exercise out of the way for the day - way to go Healthy Community Gang!

PS Cassie, Sorry, I knew that was you...my brain was not awake yet this AM when I posted..!

Last edited by Shell250; 02-07-2010 at 10:51 AM.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:56 PM
FitDay Member

Default <yyaaawwwwnnnnn>

Today has been a good day at work! Not as long or busy as yesterday and no rude customers either! (YAY!)

So, I looked at my caloric intake for the day and just realized that I have the freedom to eat another 500 calories tonight if I want to. I have eaten around 1000 and that's it! It just goes to show you that eating less calories DOES become easier. Which is a good thing for me.

I have noticed something recently and I find it weird / interesting. I used to be an emotional eater... and every time I got upset or stressed or what not I ran to food (thus my love affair with food began...) and now when I get stressed (Or Johnny and I get into a fight...) or anything like that I am instantly cleaning now. I turned into an emotional cleaner! Haha

I am interested to see what the scale is going to tell me first thing in the morning.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:34 PM
FitDay Member

lol Jennifer, I need to become an emotional cleaner!!! That is great...! My hubby is doing this with me too. He needs to lose a few pounds, but does not need to lose as much as I do. It helps alot that he is keeping tabs on me, and we are helping eachother. We have been playing guitar more than usual...especially later in the evening (when we usually get the snack attacks!) Glad you had a good day at work, and there were not too many jerky customers!
Old 02-08-2010, 03:10 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone,
New to this board but not new to fitday...I used it a few years ago but just 're-started again today. Didn't realize it came with a message board now..what a great surprise.
I have a long road ahead of me but am taking it one day at a time...have to do this for me.
Hope to get to know all of you....
Patti
Old 02-08-2010, 05:07 AM
FitDay Member

Shelll..... [email protected]

Monday mornings I have to drive my son to work early, then attend a meeting at work....I never have time to eat on these mornings....besides I can't eat too early! So today, for some unknown reason I ended up feeling really sick from hunger!! This new eating seems to make me feel sick if I don't eat enough, OR if I eat too much!! What the heck happened to being able to eat anything???

I came home from the meeting and had a bowl of raisin bran, with 1 TBSP of ground flax seed and 1% milk. Feeling ok now, although a little sleepy!

Jen, I have always been an emotional cleaner!! LOL!! If I get upset, particularly angry, I "rage clean"! Its a much better option than eating, plus there is some satisfaction when you are finished - that being a sparkling clean house!

Patti, this is my second go around on fitday, and I didn't realize there was a message board either!! I am so happy I found it!!

Everyone have a fantastic Monday!
Old 02-08-2010, 07:48 AM
FitDay Member

Wink Sisters Birthday Celebration

It was my sister's birthday yesterday. I knew eating out at a nice restaurant would pose a challenge, wine, fattening foods. Especially bread and butter-one of my real downfalls. I tried planning ahead to eat very light early in the day so I could have some champagne with dinner. Calories still crept up to the 2000 mark, but I felt better, more in control, and I know today I will eat very light on mostly veggies. Hoping at weigh in on Thursday I am even with last week and not gain.

I read about a green tea diet and I'm trying that this week. Today is the first day- but it really does seem to have cut my appetite. The idea is you sip green tea throughout the day and it helps to reduce cravings and reduce appetite so you can make more healthy choices. I'll keep you posted.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.