Notices

Zone Diet

Old 02-20-2011, 09:21 AM
FitDay Member

I just did my food log for the last two days since starting this new diet. I've built a deficit of almost 2000 calories in just 2 days! And I'm not hungry coz I've had well over 100g of protein each day. It's bloody amazing!

I'm determined to keep this up.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:54 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Way to go Geoffers!

It does get to actually be pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

Are you doing the eyeball/plate method, or are you measuring everything out? I think people typically find it more enjoyable to do the eyeball/plate method because measuring everything for most people seems too daunting of a task.

Glad to hear you are having great results with it, keep up the good work!
Old 02-22-2011, 06:44 PM
FitDay Member

I'm measuring and eyeballing, depending on what food I'm handling and how often I've had it. For instance I've had a lot of chicken so I know that 4oz of chicken is a breast fillet. Any given fillet might be a bit more or a bit less, but overall it averages out.

Results? I'm 3lb down in the first 4 days!
Old 02-23-2011, 04:00 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

Glad its working for you! I am realizing I am basicly still following it myself, looking at my daily graphs I am right about there...keep us posted on your progress!
Old 02-25-2011, 12:54 AM
FitDay Member

Another pound down. That's 4lb down for the week. And I added more weight to my dumbbell exercises yesterday so something's going right.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:41 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Fantastic news for sure...You'll have to keep us updated on how your progress continues, and if you are finding you have more energy throughout the day now than you previously did or not.

Also, I forgot to ask...are you also taking the Fish Oil supplements, or just following the food portion of the diet?
Old 02-28-2011, 08:24 AM
FitDay Member

I have started taking fish oil supplements, but that's a coincidence. I didn't know they were suggested as part of the Zone. I just heard they were good for tendonitis.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:41 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Geoffers
I have started taking fish oil supplements, but that's a coincidence. I didn't know they were suggested as part of the Zone. I just heard they were good for tendonitis.
I seem to be ultra slow at responding...ha ha

Nonetheless, yes, Dr. Barry Sears wrote a book (I believe back in 2005 maybe?) that is called "The Anti-Inflammation Zone" stating that fish oil is great for reducing inflammation - it's part of the Zone because the anti-inflammatory properties help you stay in the zone and there are other effects as well that are all outlined that book in lots of detail

But yes...He definitely suggests the fish oil, and he more specifically states high doses of pharmaceutical grade fish oil are what really help - I don't remember if it was in the book, or elsewhere but it was said that lower doses (just one or two pills) of typical off the shelf fish oil don't do much. You have to take 1-2g of fish oil per day for you to benefit. It is definitely worth it though, lower blood pressure, lower cholesterol, and less inflammation are just some of the benefits!

It has helped me when I remember to religiously take it!