Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Adamlin
  • 1 Post By Sebastian65
  • 1 Post By Jenny319B

How to start?

Old 08-26-2022, 07:27 AM
FitDay Member

Default How to start?

I'm 18(m) and weigh around 247 lbs. I've been overweight all my life and I've tried and failed many times before.
I'm determined to lose weight now and get in a better shape before my 19th birthday which is in 4 months. But, I don't know how to start.
So if you guys can help me with how to start the process of losing weight that would be of great help for me!
Old 08-27-2022, 11:39 PM
Super Moderator

You can start now, but 4 months is not going to give you dramatic results. Yet, tracking your food and exercising more (just walking is fine, and manageable) will give you results you can see. That in itself is motivating. You will keep going with new habits (tracking what you eat, writing it down helps or entering it in the food log, and exercise) and they will get easier as you make progress. At some point, you don't have to think so much about the choices - they will start to stand out as 'good,' 'better,' and 'best.'
Old 08-29-2022, 09:31 AM
FitDay Member

thanks for your advice, i'll try my best
Old 08-29-2022, 09:52 AM
FitDay Member

lose weight is a long progress, u should be patient. Losing weight depends mostly on nutrition, being in a caloric deficit. Burning energy and getting more muscles (which burn more energy) helps. So basically any program that gets your heartrate up and you enjoy enough to stick to for a long time (multiple times a week) will do. Just try some and see what you like. Consistency is key, and remember it takes time (read:months) to see progress (you probably didn’t gain the weight in 6 weeks either &#128521
Les2Lose, Rathbon and Sebastian65 like this.
Old 09-15-2022, 07:08 AM
FitDay Member

80% of weight loss is diet. That should be your starting point. The program you choose should depend on things like what you enjoy doing and your fitness level at the moment. I got injured during a high intensity program last year so, even though I really enjoyed it, this year I'm doing a more strength-based program, which I am also enjoying a lot. If you really out of your energy quickly, you can use supplement that can help with this. i've used horny goat weed from vital herbal for over 2 months, very pleased with it. something that actually works. u can try it
Rathbon likes this.
Old 09-21-2022, 05:31 PM
FitDay Member

Smile weight loss for starters

Starting a weight loss journey can be both exciting and daunting. There are so many things to think about and consider when embarking on such a journey. What are your goals? What is your starting point? How will you know if you're successful? Here are some tips to get you started on your weight loss journey:

1. Set realistic goals. Don't set yourself up for disappointment by setting unrealistic expectations. If you have never been a size 2, it's probably not going to happen overnight (or ever). Focus on making small, achievable goals that you can consistently work towards.

2. Start slow and build momentum. Trying to make too many changes at once is often overwhelming and unsustainable in the long run. Rather, start with one or two small changes and stick with them until they become habit before adding anything else into the mix.

3. Be mindful of your progress (or lack thereof). Keep track of how you're doing by taking measurements, photos
Rathbon likes this.
Old 09-22-2022, 08:56 AM
FitDay Member

thank you very much
Old 09-23-2022, 12:05 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Be natural

Originally Posted by Rathbon View Post
I'm 18(m) and weigh around 247 lbs. I've been overweight all my life and I've tried and failed many times before.
I'm determined to lose weight now and get in a better shape before my 19th birthday which is in 4 months. But, I don't know how to start.
So if you guys can help me with how to start the process of losing weight that would be of great help for me!
Try following a regular routine and fixed diet plan along with proper exercises. You can see the magic of weight loss results.
Old 09-23-2022, 01:03 PM
FitDay Member

Expert recommended Dr Jambu Jain as a Top Endocrinologist in Bhopal,Best Diabetes Doctor in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh. Just because of Dr Jambu Jain patient reviews, history, ratings, satisfaction, trust, cost and their general excellence.
Old 09-28-2022, 01:23 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Try following a regular routine and fixed diet plan along with proper exercises. You can see the magic of weight loss results.
Good idea