Community
Notices

Just not thirsty...

Old 01-06-2011, 07:47 AM
Super Moderator

Default Just not thirsty...

Maybe I'm a bit strange, but I've never been a "thirsty" person. Often I'll drink 1/2 glass of juice in the morning (unless I eat cereal, in which case, the milk in the cereal is PLENTY of liquid) and then not want liquid again until after supper (usually a glass of water). Yes - I often don't drink anything with lunch, or if I do, it's literally a sip out of a water bottle. Of course I drink if I've exercised, but I find that to even have more than 2 glasses a day of any liquid (probably 3-4 servings) I start to just feel like "ugh, can I stop drinking now?!" I literally have to force myself to swallow it.

I know getting the recommended daily of 8 servings of water seems to be important, but is it so important that I should force myself? Anyone out there just not a thirsty person like me? I've asked my doctor about it and she says that as long as I'm not dehydrated (which I'm not) to just do what feels right. With even my small servings of liquid, my urine is usually a very light color, which makes me think that I'm still flushing myself appropriately. If it were darker, I'd be more concerned.

Thanks for any and all advice/comments!
Old 01-08-2011, 10:43 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Taubele!

Let me assure you - you are not the only one who has trouble consuming liquids. I have to remind myself constantly to drink my liquids, but often enough I simply forget, because I'm just not thirsty. I'm alright on my workout days, but quite often I find it hard to consume > 1 liter. My urine looks fine as well and I don't feel I lack anything. Anyways, reading your post is actually a bit of a consolation, because I'm always worried about my drinking.

Best of luck on your weight loss journey!

Molly
Old 01-09-2011, 10:00 AM
FitDay Member

You need to do what works for you. I don't find myself thirsty and I have to remind myself to go drink glass after glass of water... but when I do, I find the weight comes off faster and easier. So, I'm willing to put up with it for that reason.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:18 PM
FitDay Member

LisaAnnie, I agree with me. More often than not, I tend to forget about drinking water. I can totally drink 1 glass of water a day if I'm busy at work. I used to go through weight loss in the past and find that my weight comes off slower in the past than now.

The only difference I made is drinking 2 litres of water a day now compared to the past. In just one month, I lost 10lbs compared to in the past probably about 6lbs if I go to the gym everyday. And this round, I did not even step into the gym at all to do any workout. The only workout I did is to climb the stairs and that is only when I go to work and come home.

I don't know what is the biological reason behind this but I would say, if you want to lose weight, try drinking at least 1.5l a day, test it out for a month and see if it does make a difference.