Notices

After the Holidays

Old 01-01-2011, 07:08 AM
FitDay Member

Default After the Holidays

Hi there, now that christmas and new years is over i want to get back on track for horrible control on the foods i ate and have gained almost 10 pounds back .

i just hit my goal of 205 lbs before i started gaining back. and after the new year binge i'm at 213.6 lbs.

has anyone else binge too much over the holidays?

what are the best ways to get back on track?
Old 01-01-2011, 08:19 AM
FitDay Member

hey I have the same thing. I've been trying to get on track by eating lots of filling foods like lettuce and greens, egg white omelettes, turkey and beans. I also made a trip to the grocery store to replace all of the holiday food, and I threw away all the cookies and leftovers that won't get me anywhere nutrition-wise.

I also skipped every workout during the holidays! nooooo... so I went for a jog today, wish me luck keeping that up.

From my experience in the past, it's really easy to drop the "binge" weight in 1-2 weeks because your body wants to flush out all the unhealthy food. Also if you have a really strict healthy diet, your body may have forgotten how to digest the high fat high sugar foods so if you get back on track before your body remembers how, you can avoid storing those calories. Just don't waste time or calories with foods that won't nourish you and drink lots of water!

Good luck youre going to do great
Old 01-01-2011, 11:21 AM
FitDay Member

Did the same thing. I did well two weeks before Xmas, 3lbs to my goal and just let go. I listened to everyone saying its the holidays have some its not going to hurt. Well I didn't reach my 12-31 goal because of it but back on track today. I kept up with the exercise but not as much as I should have considering the amount of food I ate. Hopefully Patty is correct and this 8lb gain will be gone soon so I can reach my goal. This just opened my eyes to how hard maintenance is going to be and the challenges ahead after I reach my goal weight. Good luck and Happy New Year!
Old 01-06-2011, 01:00 PM
FitDay Member

After the holidays I was very fat.I want to make a fitness stomach.So I really do 2time spam in a day and I watch My fat stomach is making a flat in very short times.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 01-06-2011 at 03:27 PM.