Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
How much water should I drink per day to be healthy? >

How much water should I drink per day to be healthy?

Community
Notices

How much water should I drink per day to be healthy?

Old 09-25-2018, 06:41 PM
FitDay Member

Default How much water should I drink per day to be healthy?

Many different opinions on how much water you should be drinking every day
Old 09-26-2018, 07:48 AM
FitDay Member

Michelle, The short answer is 8 cups a day (spread out throughout the day). Non-caffeinated teas/drinks count. This doesn't take in to account how many vegetables/fruits you consume that can be high in water content. The best way to tell is checking the color of your urine. If it's relatively pale, you're hydrated. But some of us take vitamins/medications, which can discolor urine, so that method isn't foolproof.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:58 PM
FitDay Member

There are many different opinions on how much water you should be drinking every day
Old 10-27-2018, 05:28 PM
FitDay Member

My recommendation is to drink when you're thirsty, and if you think you should be drinking more, don't overdo it. As far as drinking water in and around exercise, I've outlined a few simple guidelines that will make sure you're well hydrated without hitting any extremes.
Old 01-11-2019, 02:11 AM
FitDay Member

i found that i felt best when i was drinking a full gallon a day
Old 02-13-2019, 06:06 PM
FitDay Member

2 liters of water intake per day is sufficient for good health. You may take more as per your need.
Old 02-19-2019, 05:34 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by sachk771
2 liters of water intake per day is sufficient for good health. You may take more as per your need.
Exactly what I do, too. But I listen to my body and if it needs more especially during hot summer days, I drink more.
Old 02-21-2019, 06:31 PM
FitDay Member

Default Good!

Originally Posted by jamesrcurtis
Exactly what I do, too. But I listen to my body and if it needs more especially during hot summer days, I drink more.
Yes, water intake is usually more during hot summer days. So listening to what your body need is the best way to get optimal water intake.
Old 03-06-2019, 04:37 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by sachk771
Yes, water intake is usually more during hot summer days. So listening to what your body need is the best way to get optimal water intake.
Yup, but this "rule" changes when I do long-distance running. It's not good to wait til your body lets you know you're thirsty. That's too late. You gotta drink constantly to hydrate.
Old 04-23-2019, 11:02 PM
FitDay Member

There are many different opinions on how much water you should be drinking every day. Healthauthorities commonly recommend eight 8-ounce glasses, which equals about 2 liters, or half a gallon. This is called the 8×8 rule and is very easy to remember.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.