Community
Notices

What motivates you?

Old 08-21-2018, 08:14 PM
FitDay Member

Smile What motivates you?

Hi All - I'm curious to learn what motivates you to lose weight? Why are you on this weight loss journey? Is it due to health reasons, because you're not happy with how you look, because you don't fit into your favorite clothes anymore, because you want to get a handle on your diet, because you want to meet a fitness goal... or something else? There may even be overlapping motivations. Just wondering what motivates you to move your body and focus on your eating habits?

My main motivations are to stay healthy and not develop a health condition, and also how I look and how I feel about the way I look. I feel most confident and comfortable in my body when I am at my ideal weight. I also don't want physical limitations to get in the way of what I do for movement (eg: I enjoy hiking and running and want to keep being able to do so).
Old 08-21-2018, 09:27 PM
Banned

Self improvement. I have low self esteem.
Old 08-22-2018, 03:38 AM
FitDay Member

My main motivation is to have a healthy body. The last thing that I want is to develop a health condition that causes problems for me later in life. Not only does that sound miserable, but having health problems later in life is also expensive.
Old 08-24-2018, 02:43 AM
FitDay Member

Default Loaded question!

I have been struggling with motivation and that's why I got on these forums. In the beginning of 2018 I told myself that I would get to my goal weight by the new year or else I wouldn't celebrate new years with my best friends, as I usually do. This was a weird approach- threatening myself- also rather unlikely that I wouldn't go to my besties for new years! I was in a dark place. I was angry with myself because even though I had lost weight and reached my goal weight in 2011 I had let the weight creep back. I panicked! I was sad and upset with myself and I felt awful. Since that time I have managed to lose 11 pounds. The issue is that my motivation goes back and forth. Some weeks I am super motivated and think that I can reach my goal. Other weeks I eat fries and drink tons of wine and barely care.

Overall I would say that my motivation is the way that I look and feel. I feel heavy and felt so much better when I was lighter. I am glad to have reconnected with these forums for support. Best of luck to all on here!
Old 08-28-2018, 12:24 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Asparagus7
The issue is that my motivation goes back and forth. Some weeks I am super motivated and think that I can reach my goal. Other weeks I eat fries and drink tons of wine and barely care.

Overall I would say that my motivation is the way that I look and feel. I feel heavy and felt so much better when I was lighter. I am glad to have reconnected with these forums for support. Best of luck to all on here!
Thanks so much for your honesty Asparagus - this is really, really familiar. Wine etc isnt my challenge because a close relative died of alcoholism. Certain kinds of foods are just as harmful in a different way, just need to focus better on the consequences of my choices, and how i feel after making those choices. Then there is the carrot approach too, that amazing feeling after a good green space workout, for example.
Old 08-28-2018, 05:10 PM
FitDay Member

Find something that motivates you it's always different for everyone! What motivated me is my boyfriend noticed I was upset about my weight and he wanted to help me lose it! After a few months I stuck to my gym schedule and diet and I was on my way to losing weight. He kept me motivated but I always kept myself motivated because I did not want to let him down.
Old 09-02-2018, 03:11 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Juliaisfit
Find something that motivates you it's always different for everyone! What motivated me is my boyfriend noticed I was upset about my weight and he wanted to help me lose it! After a few months I stuck to my gym schedule and diet and I was on my way to losing weight. He kept me motivated but I always kept myself motivated because I did not want to let him down.
That is generally true Julia. I, myself also is stumbling across any other inspiration/ motivational videos and blogs just to keep me going. I never knew my issue until now, until I discovered Link removed-- It is my mindset. and I need to change it. The author simply indicates that our mindset is our true enemy/ ally, we just have to choose which one is it. My mind often drift me apart from my actual goal, I wasn't aware of it, but it is often too late until I realize the destruction it get in myself.

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 09-03-2018 at 08:12 AM.
Old 09-25-2018, 02:38 AM
FitDay Member

Beautiful chics motivate me
Old 09-27-2018, 03:04 AM
FitDay Member

Hello. I am new to this. What motivates me is the fact that I am looking better. I used to weigh 300 lbs and now I am around 238. It has been hard for me because I honestly do not have a support system. I have tried to get people I know to start the gym and I cannot get anyone to come with me.
I am at the gym 6 days a week and have been doing so for a good 3 months now. I am there at 5 AM, even when I do not feel like going. This morning, it was 48 degrees and it was very tempting to hit the snooze button and sleep for another 2 hours.
I am starting to see results in my arms, chest, back and legs. My core is where I need the most work. Now, I am losing inches and am thankful for that. It is a journey that takes time and commitment. Just to see that my body is starting to take a different form is what helps me get up and workout.
Old 09-27-2018, 03:45 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by figurecheck
Hi All - I'm curious to learn what motivates you to lose weight? Why are you on this weight loss journey? Is it due to health reasons, because you're not happy with how you look, because you don't fit into your favorite clothes anymore, because you want to get a handle on your diet, because you want to meet a fitness goal... or something else? There may even be overlapping motivations. Just wondering what motivates you to move your body and focus on your eating habits. Does anybody take phen375 for weight loss and does it motivate you in weight loss. There are lots of things that motivates me.

But My main motivations are to stay healthy and not develop a health condition, and also how I look and how I feel about the way I look. I feel most confident and comfortable in my body when I am at my ideal weight. I also don't want physical limitations to get in the way of what I do for movement (eg: I enjoy hiking and running and want to keep being able to do so)
For me the health reasons mostly motivate me and it should for all of us. It doesn't really matter for me if I don't lose weight by doing exercise regularly because exercise will keep me fit and reduce the risk of many diseases that occur because of being obese.

Well, obviously I am going to lose weight if I exercise regularly but we all should exercise in the purpose of being fit not to lose weight and should not give up exercise if we don't see any results in weight loss.

Last edited by Valvaton08; 10-14-2018 at 10:49 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.