FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Weight Loss Tips (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/)
-   -   What motivates you? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/26973-what-motivates-you.html)

Cxbeattie 01-06-2019 07:00 PM

Motivation

Feeling good in my skin, having toned arms in a shirt, fitting my shorts & pants. I have a closet full of comfy gorgeous clothes and I fit nothing right now. After having 3 kids in 2 years here I am 2 years later. I was a decent weight right after delivery but my body is aweful right now. I’m 35 lbs up and feel flabby. I feel like I’m now a mom and need to be a role model to my girls. It’s hard because my marriage sucks and drags me down.
I prefer a low carb diet and do best with cardio 5x/week. It’s hard to keep that routine with being so tired from long nights and days and a full on stressful career.

smitt32 01-09-2019 12:22 AM

Hi everyone. The best motivation thing for me it is a display of myself in a mirror. When I see some progress not on the scales but in a mirror it usually motivates me to keep going for the better result :)

garena 01-10-2019 05:53 AM

the results - they motivate the mosts.

DavidWallace 01-11-2019 02:10 AM

feeling good mentally and physically, and draining my energy so i can fall asleep at night

Eridanessa 08-15-2019 04:52 AM

I think I gained weight over the years because it became a way to deal with emotions. I am eating against stress, anger, frustration, tiredness. I has become a habit and I would like to stop it. My first goal here is to do some self-observation, measure how much I eat and how I feel about it. Pay more attention. I also set a goal of losing about 2 kg a month, with seems reachable. I dislike the way i look, and moreover, all the biased ideas that some people have about me just by looking at me (like supposing I lack self-discipline). It's my first day here, so far I find the site very well thought. I hope I'll stick around and that it will help me to be more in control of my emotions, and of how they are related to food.

Kevinem 08-15-2019 09:09 AM

Hitting my genetic limit and being aesthetic as fuuuuuuuaaark

LiteFeather 08-18-2019 08:37 PM

For me, it's really for health reasons. By eating healthy and exercising, there's less risk for some diseases, I feel good and confident. It'll be easier for me to move around, work, and accomplish my goals. I'm sure it's not only me who found it difficult at first. I think having a good support system is really important. For me, I have my partner and friends to cheer me on and even join me.

JohnBischof 08-19-2019 09:23 PM

It motivates me to think that I will become better in the future if I work on myself.

jamesrcurtis 09-26-2019 07:56 AM

I'd like to think health reasons, but it's probably more on improved perception of self. Being active and eating healthy makes me feel good though, so it's a win for me all over, keeps me going.

TiffanyMiles 10-21-2019 07:31 PM

My reflection in the mirror motivates me.