April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge >

April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge

Community
Notices

April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge

Old 01-04-2011, 09:20 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Pular64
I just joined and am just learning all the tools that are here. I saw someone mention an April Fool's challenge and thought that would be a good way for me to start.
Welcome to the challenge--glad you found us! If you have any questions about the site, don't hesitate to ask.

Having a mini-goal like this is great, IMHO, especially if you have a little competitive streak.

Keep us posted as to your wonderful progress!

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-05-2011, 12:13 AM
FitDay Member

I'm back with determination...count me in too. 10% by April 1...thats about 21 pounds...doable.
January1 2011 203.8lbs
April 1 2011 182lbs
Old 01-05-2011, 12:20 AM
FitDay Member

Amy - your refrigerator would be a great motivation for me. Hahaha... I laughed out loud at your pudding cup comment. :-p

Alex - I am so bummed that I missed the Biggest Loser last night! I don't want too much TV so I didn't even know if was coming on. I will have to tune in next week and in the meantime, see if I can find yesterday's episode on re-run. Thanks for letting us know!

Welcome to the other newbies. Good luck with everyone's goals!
Old 01-05-2011, 01:50 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by dizzy_44
I'm back with determination...count me in too. 10% by April 1...thats about 21 pounds...doable.
January1 2011 203.8lbs
April 1 2011 182lbs
Welcome to the challenge. Yup, I think there's still time to conquer 21 pounds if you work it. Keep us posted!

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-05-2011, 01:53 AM
FitDay Member

I never looked at this group before, but I was part of the Christmas challenge group on the Ladies forum and it was a good way to push myself. (Highly competitive!)
I am trying to get under/close to 200lbs by my birthday on March 23rd, so this suits my target to a tee.
My 10% target loss would be to lose 23lbs, and I'll be pushing towards 29lbs in time for my 25th. Best present I could give myself.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:02 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by WeightlossBoo
I never looked at this group before, but I was part of the Christmas challenge group on the Ladies forum and it was a good way to push myself. (Highly competitive!)
I am trying to get under/close to 200lbs by my birthday on March 23rd, so this suits my target to a tee.
My 10% target loss would be to lose 23lbs, and I'll be pushing towards 29lbs in time for my 25th. Best present I could give myself.
Cool beans! Welcome aboard. Post your starting stats in the April Fools Day Challenge Checkin thread. You'll be last, alphabetically, so just cut and paste the list into your post and add yourself as the last entry.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-05-2011, 02:53 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
Cool beans! Welcome aboard. Post your starting stats in the April Fools Day Challenge Checkin thread. You'll be last, alphabetically, so just cut and paste the list into your post and add yourself as the last entry.

Regards,
Michael
hahah, you said cool beans.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:03 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Felicity! You look so pretty in your picture. Your birthday is the same as my Dad's and a great goal date. My bday is Feb. 19th and there is no way I would get to my goal by then haha but I will be happy if I don't go overboard on cake and ice cream that day! :-p
Old 01-05-2011, 04:26 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
When I was in collage a friend of mine was complaining that his mother was dieting and had rigged up the refrigerator door to play a BeeGee's song whenever it was opened. She also had photos of the lead singer taped to both the outside and inside of the refrigerator and microwave. The BeeGee's wouldn't be all that motivational for me, but maybe there's a way the fridge could be rigged to slap me up side the head and flash my calorie intake for the day. And if that didn't stop me it would flash an embarrassing stat out at the corner for the whole world to see, like "Amy's already eaten 1,100 calories for the day but still she's stuffing her face with another one of those chocolate pudding cups. Her butt's gonna be bigger tomorrow for sure".

I have never used fasting as a diet method. But recently I had the flu really bad and ended up unwillingly fasting for 10 days straight, I lost 15 pounds between the last week of Nov and the first week in December. Now a month later I weigh the same as I did before the flu struck me down, so from my experience fasting works really well in the short term, but is in no way shape or form a way to lose weight and keep it off. Also the weight I lost was not fat, my digestive tract was just empty. And Michael is right the muscle cramps are the worst.

hahahahah- amy, i love pudding cups too! they arent really all that bad if you get the low fat/low calorie ones...ive always wondered how they would be forzen! but yet- we all need a slap here and there!

on another topic- i have recently fallen in love with making my own smoothies- LOVE! i do it for a snack or treat after dinner.

Smoothie:
good amount of ice 5-6 cubes
a dash of water
3 splenda fiber packets
1/2 cup frozen fruit (around 50 cals)
1 low fat yogurt (90 cals)

mix and blend together and you have a yummy dessert- about 12 oz! and only around 140 calories!
Old 01-05-2011, 04:28 AM
FitDay Member

this april fools day the joke is going to be on those who doubted us

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.