April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge

Old 12-27-2010, 05:08 PM
  #41  
FitDay Premium Member
Thread Starter
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,621
Default

Originally Posted by 182nomore View Post
Hi everyone, love the idea of 10% by April Fools!! I'm going to join you,this maybe the motivation I need. I really need to lose about 35lbs. My weigh in will be on a tuesday morning.

Good luck to us all
Welcome! Weigh in any time you like--we all run different schedules.

What's your 10% (if you don't mind sharing--if you'd rather not, that's cool too) ?

Regards,
Michael
mecompco is offline  
Old 12-27-2010, 05:24 PM
  #42  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 7
Default

Don't mind at all, going by the last time i weighed myself(before Christmas) it should be 18-19lbs, but I'll do my weigh-in in the morning so i'll know better then. I just so want to do this as I want to get healthy and lose the extra weight so decided I'm starting tomorrow not waiting for the New Year.

Shirl
182nomore is offline  
Old 12-27-2010, 05:36 PM
  #43  
FitDay Premium Member
Thread Starter
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,621
Default

Originally Posted by 182nomore View Post
Don't mind at all, going by the last time i weighed myself(before Christmas) it should be 18-19lbs, but I'll do my weigh-in in the morning so i'll know better then. I just so want to do this as I want to get healthy and lose the extra weight so decided I'm starting tomorrow not waiting for the New Year.

Shirl
Shirl, good for you starting now and not waiting for New Year's.

Sounds like you're going to try for 1.5 lbs a week average or thereabouts which should be very doable. I find it helps to do the math to find a calorie level that will (approximately) give you the results you're looking for.

Regards,
Michael
mecompco is offline  
Old 12-27-2010, 05:38 PM
  #44  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11
Default

I'm in! I'll also post my weight on Saturday mornings. Right now I'm 188 so 10% will be 18.8 lbs.

Starting 12/27/2010 188.0 lbs -- 0 lbs lost -- 18.8 lbs to go
Next Weight In 1/1/2011 -- ? lbs lost -- ? lbs to go
160in2011 is offline  
Old 12-27-2010, 05:46 PM
  #45  
FitDay Premium Member
Thread Starter
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,621
Default

Originally Posted by 160in2011 View Post
I'm in! I'll also post my weight on Saturday mornings. Right now I'm 188 so 10% will be 18.8 lbs.

Starting 12/27/2010 188.0 lbs -- 0 lbs lost -- 18.8 lbs to go
Next Weight In 1/1/2011 -- ? lbs lost -- ? lbs to go
That's great--the more the merrier! I really like 10% goals--they are reasonably quick to accomplish and really feel like major milestones once they're done. Keep us posted as to your progress.

Regards,
Michael
mecompco is offline  
Old 12-27-2010, 08:06 PM
  #46  
FitDay Member
 
rainbow24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 676
Default

Ok, I'm in!

That means 33 lbs by April, which only follows that I should be able to shed another 30 by July.

Now I should set up my signature.

Annette
rainbow24 is offline  
Old 12-27-2010, 08:41 PM
  #47  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 90
Default

Hello
I'm in.
My only proviso is that I'm looking to reduce my body fat% instead of just weight. I'm currently at 23.5% and want to be 15%. That works out at 15lb on a current weight of 165lb, nearly 10%.

I want 15% body fat. I'm 5'3 and 165lb today. I will post weight and body fat % every 2 weeks on Saturdays, starting Friday 31st December.
Geoffers is offline  
Old 12-27-2010, 09:23 PM
  #48  
FitDay Premium Member
Thread Starter
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,621
Default

Originally Posted by Geoffers View Post
Hello
I'm in.
My only proviso is that I'm looking to reduce my body fat% instead of just weight. I'm currently at 23.5% and want to be 15%. That works out at 15lb on a current weight of 165lb, nearly 10%.

I want 15% body fat. I'm 5'3 and 165lb today. I will post weight and body fat % every 2 weeks on Saturdays, starting Friday 31st December.
Geoffers, welcome! That's the best thing about FitDay--one can use it any way one likes. Post up any time you like.

Regards,
Michael
mecompco is offline  
Old 12-27-2010, 09:27 PM
  #49  
FitDay Premium Member
Thread Starter
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,621
Default

Originally Posted by rainbow24 View Post
Ok, I'm in!

That means 33 lbs by April, which only follows that I should be able to shed another 30 by July.

Now I should set up my signature.

Annette
Annette, welcome to the challenge. 33 lbs in 12 weeks is a great challenge. Post your progess as you like.

Regards,
Michael

PS You read my mind--the next challenge starting on 04/01 will be another 10% off by the Fourth of July!
mecompco is offline  
Old 12-27-2010, 10:03 PM
  #50  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6
Talking

IM IN TOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Starting Weight - 156
Ideal Weight - 125
Total Weight to lose - 31

10% by 4/1 = 16 pounds
Weigh ins are Friday 6:00am
Roxy4u2love is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.