April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge

Old 03-13-2011, 07:54 PM
  #451  
FitDay Premium Member
Thread Starter
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,621
Default

Jacqueline, you slender little waif!

You're doing awesome--keep it up and get ready for the Fourth of July Challenge.

Regards,
Michael
mecompco is offline  
Old 03-14-2011, 12:13 PM
  #452  
FitDay Member
 
kcolville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 247
Default

Michael, Wow- you are moving right along, i have no doubt that you will hit that 15% goal


MY MONDAY CHECK IN:

So this weekend went well- i was nervous about losing control in the party setting but i did really well. I went to the gym and worked out before the partying. The festivities started really early at 8am- where everyone was drinking and eating. I did not drink any alcohol and ate on my plan( i even packed my own lunch). I stayed strong all day and then at the end of the day i ate half of a cupcake and licked the frosting off of another one..haha..it was a small reward for me. I was not even frustrated or annoyed that I could not drink alcohol or eat all the crappy food- I felt really good about making healthy choices. What DID annoy me was how many people tried to pressure me into drinking; like i was not going to be any fun without it?!

I worked my butt off this week and worked out 6/week with 1 hour of cardio and strength training in each session. Other than that I stayed below 1,600 calories. I keep saying it every week- i need to be more towards 1,300 calories but i can not seem to get there. I love food. BUT this week i need to really challenge myself and stay around 1,300 calories.

The way i see it is i'm 9 pounds away from my goal- i could drag this out for a few more months to drop the pounds or get down to business and drop the weight faster! Then just mantain- which seems to be really easy for me!

Last week- 189.2
This week- 189.2

I'm not frustrated with not losing any weight this past week- Last time i stayed the same for 2-3 weeks and then dropped 2-3 lbs. I just need to be patient and switch it up a little bit- decrease cals.

I hope everyone is having a great monday- I AM EXHUASTED!
kcolville is offline  
Old 03-14-2011, 01:26 PM
  #453  
FitDay Premium Member
Thread Starter
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,621
Default

Originally Posted by kcolville View Post
Michael, Wow- you are moving right along, i have no doubt that you will hit that 15% goal


MY MONDAY CHECK IN:

So this weekend went well- i was nervous about losing control in the party setting but i did really well. I went to the gym and worked out before the partying. The festivities started really early at 8am- where everyone was drinking and eating. I did not drink any alcohol and ate on my plan( i even packed my own lunch). I stayed strong all day and then at the end of the day i ate half of a cupcake and licked the frosting off of another one..haha..it was a small reward for me. I was not even frustrated or annoyed that I could not drink alcohol or eat all the crappy food- I felt really good about making healthy choices. What DID annoy me was how many people tried to pressure me into drinking; like i was not going to be any fun without it?!

I worked my butt off this week and worked out 6/week with 1 hour of cardio and strength training in each session. Other than that I stayed below 1,600 calories. I keep saying it every week- i need to be more towards 1,300 calories but i can not seem to get there. I love food. BUT this week i need to really challenge myself and stay around 1,300 calories.

The way i see it is i'm 9 pounds away from my goal- i could drag this out for a few more months to drop the pounds or get down to business and drop the weight faster! Then just mantain- which seems to be really easy for me!

Last week- 189.2
This week- 189.2

I'm not frustrated with not losing any weight this past week- Last time i stayed the same for 2-3 weeks and then dropped 2-3 lbs. I just need to be patient and switch it up a little bit- decrease cals.

I hope everyone is having a great monday- I AM EXHUASTED!
Kaitlin, 9 lbs to your goal--that must feel great!

Congrats on doing so well at the par-tay.

Don't let a case of the Mondays get you down .

Regards,
Michael
mecompco is offline  
Old 03-14-2011, 06:17 PM
  #454  
FitDay Member
 
MAIN80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 307
Default

Hello to all,
Time for the monday update. I am one pound down, which I will take, particularly after an overendulging weekend. I did not have the strength to only eat half of a cupcake , but actually had two over the weekend, with frosting. I really didn't like seeing the calories that mounted up because of that, but it really isn't that big of a deal.
I will not get to weigh in until very close to the challenge end. I have to take a 12 day trip this Thursday so even though I will probably have internet access, I won't have the scale I normally use and I don't want to get different numbers. I am slightly concerned about this trip, since I cannot be in control of the food preparation so I will try my best to be very careful with choices and portions; and of course my water.
Hope you all have excellent weeks ahead, congratulations to those who have passed the challenge and the ones that are very close. For the rest of us still a little behind, we still have time to reach the goal or be very close at it. Even if we fall short, any pound lost is a pound our body is happily not carrying around so it is all good!
Cheers,
MAIN80 is offline  
Old 03-14-2011, 06:53 PM
  #455  
FitDay Member
 
VirusInside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 156
Default

I'm down a pound today. That means only 9 more to meet my 10% goal. When I first started (Jan 20), I was late into the challenge so I really didn't think I'd be able to make 35 pounds by April 1st, but now with only 9 pounds to that goal it looks entirely reasonable. I'm at 332 now (technically 331.8, but I always round to the nearest whole pound), and I can't believe it, but this is the lightest I've been in over a year now. I'm looking ahead now, to break 300 for the July 4th challenge. My 22nd birthday is actually July 2nd, so to be able to weigh in in the 200's for the first time in a long time will be the best birthday present I could have. Wish me luck!
VirusInside is offline  
Old 03-14-2011, 10:59 PM
  #456  
FitDay Premium Member
Thread Starter
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,621
Default

Originally Posted by VirusInside View Post
I'm down a pound today. That means only 9 more to meet my 10% goal. When I first started (Jan 20), I was late into the challenge so I really didn't think I'd be able to make 35 pounds by April 1st, but now with only 9 pounds to that goal it looks entirely reasonable. I'm at 332 now (technically 331.8, but I always round to the nearest whole pound), and I can't believe it, but this is the lightest I've been in over a year now. I'm looking ahead now, to break 300 for the July 4th challenge. My 22nd birthday is actually July 2nd, so to be able to weigh in in the 200's for the first time in a long time will be the best birthday present I could have. Wish me luck!
9 pounds, two weeks--yup, it could happen! I'm not quite so opptimistic about my 10 pounds in two weeks, but I'm upping the exercise to 7 days a week, so who knows!

Anyway, kudos on your super progress and keep it up!

Regards,
Michael
mecompco is offline  
Old 03-14-2011, 11:01 PM
  #457  
FitDay Premium Member
Thread Starter
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,621
Default

Originally Posted by MAIN80 View Post
Hope you all have excellent weeks ahead, congratulations to those who have passed the challenge and the ones that are very close. For the rest of us still a little behind, we still have time to reach the goal or be very close at it. Even if we fall short, any pound lost is a pound our body is happily not carrying around so it is all good!
Cheers,
That's the right attitude! Everyone whose stuck with the challenge has lost weight, many a LOT of weight and that's great. I take it you'll be on board for the Fourth of July 10% Challenge as well!?

Regards,
Michael
mecompco is offline  
Old 03-14-2011, 11:59 PM
  #458  
FitDay Member
 
VirusInside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 156
Default

Originally Posted by mecompco View Post
9 pounds, two weeks--yup, it could happen! I'm not quite so opptimistic about my 10 pounds in two weeks, but I'm upping the exercise to 7 days a week, so who knows!

Anyway, kudos on your super progress and keep it up!

Regards,
Michael
Thanks Michael. I'm hopeful I'll see success. And if I had to wager, I'd bet you'll make that 10 pounds! Good luck to you.
VirusInside is offline  
Old 03-15-2011, 12:02 AM
  #459  
FitDay Member
 
MAIN80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 307
Default

Originally Posted by mecompco View Post
That's the right attitude! Everyone whose stuck with the challenge has lost weight, many a LOT of weight and that's great. I take it you'll be on board for the Fourth of July 10% Challenge as well!?

Regards,
Michael

I am definitely in for the Fourth of July Challenge! Really looking forward to it!
MAIN80 is offline  
Old 03-15-2011, 12:00 PM
  #460  
FitDay Member
 
kcolville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 247
Default

i'm in the challenge as long as it takes me to drop the 8.6 pounds i have to go! 188.6 this morning!
kcolville is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.